Posted 19 December 2023

Good Living Room Furniture Store?

Other than IKEA, are there any retailers that produce good, long lasting furniture?
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Second hand solid wood...
    another vote for second hand here. Mine is all arts and crafts pieces I've picked up off Facebook or eBay for peanuts. Bit of elbow grease and some reupholstery and it is good for another hundred years. The last sofa I bought new I paid three grand for and it was only fit for the bin when I moved house six years later
    Places like 'Oak Furniture Land' have good solid stuff. Look out for a warehouse locally that sells seconds and bankrupt stock. We had a couple near us when I lived in South Yorkshire, you could pick up some good quality stuff for not a lot of money.
    Ikea would not be anywhere I would associate with 'good, long lasting furniture'. Neither would any of the 'sheds' like Oak furnitureland etc.

If you want decent furniture then you need to buy local. And that CAN mean secondhand as has said. If you want new then companies such as Neptune - for real quality furniture or Barker & Stonehouse for a retailer that resells decent is where you might want to pitch. But Ikea......or OFL, no, they sell cheap and cheap isn't quality. So work out which you want and aim your purse that way. (edited)
's avatar