Posted 22 December 2023

iPhone 15 Pro/Max Storage size?

Hi All,
So... I'm a creative, albeit a lazy one who doesn't produce as much as I would like, but I fancy shooting more, maybe film some BTS footage, Instagram etc... maybe a youtube channel one day if I'm feeling brave?!

My question is... what would be the smart storage choice?
Obvz the 512GB or 1TB, right? But what about getting the 256GB version and attaching an SSD or thumb drive?

Any reason I should consider getting the bigger more expensive options?

youtube.com/wat…44s

Thank you 🙏
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    ProRes video format in 4k is 6GB a minute so those types of situations on top of taking 1000’s of raw max photos you will want huge storage, i think most of us do not need the likes of 1TB. I guess there is a future proof factor if you keep the phone for a few years as software files rise. Also depends if you want to attach a SSD, it is better to save files onto a external device anyway. (edited)
    Author
    Yeah I was thinking the files would eventually be shifted on to an external anyway, if I’m shooting anything ‘professionally’. Just like dumping an SD card at the end of a job.
    If you know you that you're definitely going to be filming then consider the 1Tb option but if you're unsure then consider 512gb though it will be less convenient having to move files often
    Author
    My thinking is, if I’m going to be doing a lot of filming, 1TB will fill up just as easily, 2.5 hours of ProRes 4k, so I would eventually have to be offloaded anyway. Chances are I wouldn’t need ProRes for social media, (edited)