Posted 10 February 2024

sky sr203 router with onestream supreme full fibre 80?

Can I use the sky sr203 router with onestream supreme full fibre 80?
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    No. Sky/NOW Lock their routers to only work with their connection. And they're terrible anyways.

CeX Sell routers starting at just a few pounds and they come with a 2 year warranty.

Just make sure it support PPPoE so it works with your Onestream connection. And pick something with dual band AC WiFi at least to ensure half decent wireless performance. Then you're all set.

If you can justify it though, I would encourage you to invest in your own good quality router rather than just buying cheap. A bit of an outlay today but something that will serve you well for years to come no matter what ISP you pick in future.
    Why would you? Awful router
    Author
    Because they charge you monthly extra for a router and I have that already. 
    If you are currently with Sky Broadband now then chances are once you cancel and move you will have to send your equipment back. Failing to do so they will charge you.
    Author
    I bought it second hand to upgrade from the now tv router.
    i am getting onestream full fiber 80 soon. any ideas which one is best or which one have you gone?
    Since you've picked a full fibre package and not fibre to the cabinet down a phoneline, you can use any router that supports PPPoE. As per my instructions above just look for something with dual band AC Wireless as your minimum standard, and invest in something better with WiFi 6/6e support if you can afford to get something better.

TP-Link is generally a good choice of brand if you want something that works well, simple to setup, and with decent value for money.

CeX Have pre-owned TP-Link EX220 WiFi 6 routers in stock for £28 with 2 Year warranty. That would probably be decent to get some good performance on a budget. If you want to buy new the best value option at the moment is the TP-Link Archer AX12 - £44.99 on Amazon during a sale today, down from £69.99.
    Author
    I ended up not going with onestream as there was too much uncertainty and when you factored in the cost of renting a router off them every month, they ended up been no cheaper.
    i am in same boat
    i am thinking to get full fiber or decent normal fiber
's avatar