Posted 2 days ago

Spusu porting before sim arriving?

Just ordered a sim card with SUPSU on Friday 22/3/24. I found it strange that when placing my order that they asked for my current providers pac and I chose the earliest date which is Monday 25/3/24. Great that my port will be quick but my sim may or may not arrive on Monday, could be Tuesday depending on post. I’m guessing if it doesn’t arrive Monday Id have no network until it arrives as the port is Monday. Can anyone clarify this or will my number transfer when I have my sim and activate it?
Edit: All ok sim arrived day after number ported. When ordering I was asked for my PAC and to choose date to port. Ordered on Friday and chose port date Monday. Should have chosen a port date after expected delivery. Arrived Tuesday and was out of data Monday.
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Always port after you have the SIM in your hand.

I ordered with SPUSU as well and there was an option to have the SIM with a new number.

Don't think this will happen hopefully to you, but if you ported your number to the new SIM and the new SIM gets lost in the post. You might end up losing your phone number you wanted to keep. (edited)
    Author
    Yes I realise I should have chose the port date for after estimated arrival of sim. But all good now as sim arrived. Do you have any issues with your sim or is all ok?
    Out of interest why did you choose them?

Hardly anything on the internet about them
    I think he meant SPUSU
    Many network providers now give the option of porting the number over at the time of placing an order.

But as someone else mentioned, only put the port request in once you have the sim in hand.

So what happened in your case?
's avatar