Posted 24 November 2023

Any 14 or sub laptop with 32GB and rtx under 1000?

I'm looking for a travel laptop with 32gb ram and a dedicated GPU, mainly for video editing and misc, with a display under 15 inch and weight below 2kg, 3.5lbs. It's ok if it's refurbished as far as there's a warranty. I would like to spend no more than £1000 and if possible with interest free installments but not a must. The CPU should be at least a r7 5800h or i7 11th gen and GPU min rtx 2060...

I haven't been able to find something which I'm happy with, apart from a Lenovo slim 7 pro for 799 but the availability in 3-4 weeks is putting me off from buying it.

Has anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    That's the one I was talking about. Now it's available for shipping in 1-2 business days but unfortunately I have a problem with PayPal that I can't solve at the moment.
    From my personal experience I have no suggestions. I have never owned or used such a machine.
    How exactly, have you conducted your research? Presumably, internet search? All the engines? And review sites? Maybe on-line retailers setting criteria? Maybe some of the well known web sites of manufacturers? Maybe the well known refurb outlets? Have you visited any high street retailers?
    It would seem from your post that you value early delivery more than an exact criteria match?
    Lenovo are not very smart naming their models so searching can be difficult (eg is the yoga version the same or different) I find pricespy very useful to narrow down laptops that match criteria as it has so many filters for you to enter criteria. Using pricespy i cannot find any to match your pricepoint pricespy.co.uk/c/l…4.9
    Adam's suggestion is good, the delivery time is usually faster than quoted and you could return it if it's too long. It seems to be the best value by far especially with your 32GB requirement.

I would suggest you look for the ASUS Zephyrus G14, ROG Flow X13/Z13 or Razer Blade 14, if you are ok with refurb/used with warranty then Amazon Warehouse and CEX are good options. Both of those are gaming focussed but do meet your requirements for small, premium laptops - only pitfall I can see is most come in 16GB configuration so you need to search a bit wider if that's a must.
's avatar