Posted 18 November 2023

Are combined wireless headphones / gaming headset a thing?

My sons recently got into online gaming on a PC, so I'd thought a gaming headset could be a decent Xmas pressie. Mid researching brands etc. he drops into conversation that he'd like a set of over the ear bluetooth headphones to listen to music from his phone.

So I was thinking of putting a bit more money in and getting one thing for both purposes. I know that some headsets have a removable mike, so that kind of thing would be useful.

Or is this a case where its better to buy individual devices as a combined one makes too many compromises?

Any advice in general or good brands / models to look out for would be great.

Ta!
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Bought my daughter these last christmas.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…h=1

She seems happy with them, no complaints
    Bought these a few years back & they are amazing. Connect them to my phone and xbox, so can take calls/listen to podcasts from my phone as well as hear the game sounds/mates I am playing with. Works on PC too. Usually go down to £99 now and then. I bought them when they were new and £199 and they were worth every penny then.
    I use these for everything, from gaming, to work teams calls, to mobile and tablet media consumption on plane journeys for the active ANC, good battery life also

Deal of the day: Razer Opus X - Wireless Low Latency Headset with ANC Technology (Active noise cancellation, Custom-tuned 40mm drivers, Built-in microphones, Battery life up to 40 hours) Mercury White amzn.eu/d/b…5wT

Note pink are cheapest, but he may not agree with that colour, so I linked the white ones! (edited)
's avatar