Posted 30 January 2016

beko washing machine not taking fabric conditioner

I have a beko washing machine been using it for a while now past 2 weeks its not been taking the fabric conditioner from the compartment and instead has water inside mixed with the comfort iv tried to change from 30 synthetic to 4o cotton still no luck could someone help
Community Updates
New Comment

27 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Have you tried taking the draw out and giving it a clean to make sure its not clogged up?
    It may be blocked, pull the drawer out of the machine and check for blockages, if not cleaned regularly it can get gunged up in there
    Or try take the draw out and spray the upper part where the draw goes with a bleach spray, try poking the hole with a cocktail stick if it looks clogged and leave half an hour and run a hot wash
    Author
    lauradixonn

Or try take the draw out and spray the upper part where the draw goes … Or try take the draw out and spray the upper part where the draw goes with a bleach spray, try poking the hole with a cocktail stick if it looks clogged and leave half an hour and run a hot wash

I have taken the drawer out and washed it and wipe the top with a wet cloth i will try cocktail stick aswell thanks but what confuses me is its letting water on the compartment but not taking the comfort
    It's the hooper tray that's blocked I had the same problem with my hotpoint washing machine last year.
    Author
    ashopaholic123

It's the hooper tray that's blocked I had the same problem with my … It's the hooper tray that's blocked I had the same problem with my hotpoint washing machine last year.

What is that?
    Because the comfort is thicker than water there must be a blockage somewhere, if all fails try watering your softener down or use them 2in1 tablet things or seek a professional haha
    ashopaholic123

It's the hooper tray that's blocked I had the same problem with my … It's the hooper tray that's blocked I had the same problem with my hotpoint washing machine last year.

​could you clarify what that is as my zanussi hasn't taken comfort for a few months now. I've given up cleaning it again and again so just moved over to bold 2in1. would appreciate if you could expand if it's self fixable as hubby is quite handy. Thank you.
    Author
    lauradixonn

Because the comfort is thicker than water there must be a blockage … Because the comfort is thicker than water there must be a blockage somewhere, if all fails try watering your softener down or use them 2in1 tablet things or seek a professional haha

Iv jsut had a look and the top does look black and blotchy iv used a toothbrush to clean n poked a toothpick on the comfort section now thinking of puting it on 90 wash tommorow as iv heard cheap fabric cleaner will help on hot wash with empty drum, thank u for ur advise and no profesional il save the money instead lol
    And use powder instead of liquid as its cheaper per wash, cleans clothes far better and keeps your machine cleaner. You'll notice black gunk with using liquid but won't with powder
    Use white vinegar on a hot wash without any clothes in washing machine. It will help descale it and if machine smells will help eliminate that. Do same in dishwasher.
    Author
    chocci

And use powder instead of liquid as its cheaper per wash, cleans clothes … And use powder instead of liquid as its cheaper per wash, cleans clothes far better and keeps your machine cleaner. You'll notice black gunk with using liquid but won't with powder

I used to use powder but found it stuck to clothes alot some did not disolve
    Author
    patti

Use white vinegar on a hot wash without any clothes in washing machine. … Use white vinegar on a hot wash without any clothes in washing machine. It will help descale it and if machine smells will help eliminate that. Do same in dishwasher.

Thank u
    Author
    philphil61

How to Cure Dispenser Problems in a Beko Washing Machine

Looks very simple il avoid screwing it myself but thanks again
    amzzzzyyyy

I used to use powder but found it stuck to clothes alot some did not … I used to use powder but found it stuck to clothes alot some did not disolve

Need to ensure no lumps in the drawer, and use less than they say in the carton
    amzzzzyyyy

What is that?

I only know it called that as the engineer said it need replacing as it was blocked. Basically when I watched him fit it. Where the soap dispenser draw is it is, when you take that out it is directly above it small holes are blocked were the water comes out. Before he replaced it I used to just try and put my hand in and give the top a good clean, helped a bit but replacing it solved the problem. Sorry if that's not clear enough. Hope it helps.
    adhkarzf

​could you clarify what that is as my zanussi hasn't taken comfort for a f … ​could you clarify what that is as my zanussi hasn't taken comfort for a few months now. I've given up cleaning it again and again so just moved over to bold 2in1. would appreciate if you could expand if it's self fixable as hubby is quite handy. Thank you.

Just replied to the op question which was the same as yours. I hope that helps.

I used to use powder but found it stuck to clothes alot some did not disolve[/quote]

But what temp are you using on washing machine? As if the water is not hot enough the powder won't dissolve you could always put the powder in a jug with warm water and then put in washing machine drawer but that's a lot of faffing about.
    Author
    patti

I used to use powder but found it stuck to clothes alot some did not … I used to use powder but found it stuck to clothes alot some did not disolve

But what temp are you using on washing machine? As if the water is not hot enough the powder won't dissolve you could always put the powder in a jug with warm water and then put in washing machine drawer but that's a lot of faffing about.
    [/quote]

30 or 40 degree
    ashopaholic123

Just replied to the op question which was the same as yours. I hope that … Just replied to the op question which was the same as yours. I hope that helps.

​Thank you I'm going to look into this. Ideally I need a bigger washer dryer but if I can get that working in the interim I can go back to using fabric conditioner. really appreciate your input.
    But in this month Which magazine it says most washing machines never get to the temp u select. I found Aldi soap powder did dissolve at 40 degrees but a lot of other makes didn't. But try the dissolving first see how you get on.
    Author
    patti

But in this month Which magazine it says most washing machines never get … But in this month Which magazine it says most washing machines never get to the temp u select. I found Aldi soap powder did dissolve at 40 degrees but a lot of other makes didn't. But try the dissolving first see how you get on.

Ok Thanks
    adhkarzf

​Thank you I'm going to look into this. Ideally I need a bigger washer d … ​Thank you I'm going to look into this. Ideally I need a bigger washer dryer but if I can get that working in the interim I can go back to using fabric conditioner. really appreciate your input.

No problem hope it helps. Just had another thought engineer told me to make sure you do a boil wash once a month too. As many don't do hot washes any more so that also clogs the machine. His advice was also use biological washing powder on its own in that boil wash once a month, as again most people us non-biological. He recommended ariel in the green box says helps clean machine and makes it smell nice lol
    (edited)
    Author
    ashopaholic123

No problem hope it helps. Just had another thought engineer told me to … No problem hope it helps. Just had another thought engineer told me to make sure you do a boil wash once a month too. As many don't do hot washes any more so that also clogs the machine. His advice was also use biological washing powder on its own in that boil wash once a month, as again most people us non-biological. He recommended ariel in the green box says helps clean machine and makes it smell nice lol

Thank u
    ashopaholic123

No problem hope it helps. Just had another thought engineer told me to … No problem hope it helps. Just had another thought engineer told me to make sure you do a boil wash once a month too. As many don't do hot washes any more so that also clogs the machine. His advice was also use biological washing powder on its own in that boil wash once a month, as again most people us non-biological. He recommended ariel in the green box says helps clean machine and makes it smell nice lol

Once a month is excessive. Every 6 months is fine. Add some soda crystals when doing the boil wash, especially if you live in a hard water area. My machine is 14 years old now and looks and runs like new.
    Author
    chocci

Once a month is excessive. Every 6 months is fine. Add some soda … Once a month is excessive. Every 6 months is fine. Add some soda crystals when doing the boil wash, especially if you live in a hard water area. My machine is 14 years old now and looks and runs like new.

U mean on the drum or the powder department
's avatar