Posted 9 September 2021

does anyone use Lebara sim, as a hotspot?

appreciate help if you do?

I have the unlimited data sim

when I first set it up, it worked immediately as a hotspot

but after about 3 hours, it kicked all connected devices (three - 2 phones and a Samsung tv) off the internet connection

and for the last 24 hours, I’ve had the message “connected to the network, but no internet”

im waiting for a callback from Lebara, but nothing all day, and I expect as soon as I post this, the phone will ring

a thousand thank yous, to anyone who knows how to sol
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Hi there! I fixed this problem on my Huawei Honor 9, with the APN settings being correct already:
    I switched the network type from 4G to 3G and it immediately connected to internet on the hotspot.
    After that, I could even switch back to 4G and it kept the connection. However if it disconnects again, then switch back to 3G.
    I hope this helps anyone!
    Worked for me too. Thank you!
    Mendoza16/09/2021 11:49

I gave up trying..they kept telling me they will get more information, and …I gave up trying..they kept telling me they will get more information, and call me back, they never do

So I managed to get the hotspot to work today on two phones using Lebara sims.

make sure to replace every APN, username and password with
    “uk.lebara.mobi”
    “wap”
    “wap”
    respectively and then hit the blue < arrow to exit and save. (edited)
    Adding this worked on my p30, a new mobile apn

Here are a few easy to follow steps that can help you with setting up your APN for Android Lebara mobile UK:

The first step is easy, go to your settings from Home screenChoose the Wireless and networks or More optionSelect Mobile networks > Access point namesSelect the Menu optionChoose New APNThis step involves you to do a bit more so type the following:
    • Name: Lebara Internet
    • APN: uk.lebara.mobi
    • Username: wap
    • Password: wap
    • MMSC: mms.lebara.co.uk/ser…ets /mms
    • MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.12
    • MMS Port – 8799
    • Authentication type – PAP
    • APN type- Tap internet+mms or type*
    Select > saveChoose the we've just createdNow look at your signal bars you should see 4G, 3G, H, E or this means that the APN is now connectedSo, if you have any APN problems on your Samsung Lebara mobile than follow these easy step by step instructions and you will be linked back to the internet in no time. (edited)
    Probably gone over their "fair use" policy.
    Have you tried the Sim in another device? Also set up another APN profile, see if that works. apn-uk.co.uk/apn…-uk
    I’ve recently joined Lebara and am trying to use my iPhone’s personal hotspot. My laptop is connecting but showing “no internet”.

A quick google of “lebara hotspot iPhone” seems to suggest that I’m not the only one struggling as there’s a number of posts complaining of the same.
    I haven’t yet been able to find a solution.

As I didn’t have an issue with tethering the same iphone on Three, I can only guess there’s something specific in the authentication of Lebara’s network? (edited)
    Author
    evilgiraf16/09/2021 09:16

I’ve recently joined Lebara and am trying to use my iPhone’s personal hot …I’ve recently joined Lebara and am trying to use my iPhone’s personal hotspot. My laptop is connecting but showing “no internet”. A quick google of “lebara hotspot iPhone” seems to suggest that I’m not the only one struggling as there’s a number of posts complaining of the same.I haven’t yet been able to find a solution.As I didn’t have an issue with tethering the same iphone on Three, I can only guess there’s something specific in the authentication of Lebara’s network?

I gave up trying..

they kept telling me they will get more information, and call me back, they never do
    I use Lebara sim in my iPhone and you just need set the personal hotspot in “mobile network” as APN: uk.lebara.mobi
    And just let username and password blank is ok.( if you are in uk) then you can share your hotspot with pc.
    hope this can help someone meet the same problem.
    Author
    FrampyStinkwonkel09/09/2021 20:01

Probably gone over their "fair use" policy.

thank you for your reply.

I did think that, but then I checked, and had only used 1.5gb
    Author
    gazdoubleu09/09/2021 23:01

Have you tried the Sim in another device? Also set up another APN profile, …Have you tried the Sim in another device? Also set up another APN profile, see if that works. https://www.apn-uk.co.uk/apn-lebara-mobile-uk

I tried that earlier but it didn’t work

im guessing I misplaced a diget, because now it is

thank you for making me try again

there is an unfortunately however...

now the internet doesn’t work on the access point phone

ill find a way to get it back
    Ok, I’ll try too and report back.
    I appreciate you taking the time to reply here!
    Author
    evilgiraf18/09/2021 14:08

So I managed to get the hotspot to work today on two phones using Lebara …So I managed to get the hotspot to work today on two phones using Lebara sims.@Mendoza make sure to replace every APN, username and password with“uk.lebara.mobi”“wap”“wap”respectively and then hit the blue < arrow to exit and save.

thank you for your update..

unfortunately this was the first thing I tried, but it was a fail for me
    Me too, but it seems the iPhone hadn’t saved the correct settings for some reason
    My Personal hotspot totally gone off asking me to click to the link for more information (Broken Vodafone Link) anyways I 've decided to Reset the connection its now back On again although haven't tried it yet not sure if Car Stereo will have internet or not...
    sanda.millere04/02/2022 13:41

Hi there! I fixed this problem on my Huawei Honor 9, with the APN settings …Hi there! I fixed this problem on my Huawei Honor 9, with the APN settings being correct already:I switched the network type from 4G to 3G and it immediately connected to internet on the hotspot.After that, I could even switch back to 4G and it kept the connection. However if it disconnects again, then switch back to 3G.I hope this helps anyone!

This also worked for me, thanks for the info
    Did that but didn’t work so left it has it was switched the phone off completely restarted still did not show then after about 30 seconds it came up with personal hotspot,switched it back onto 4 g still works
    Go to the APN Settings and set the Authentication type to "PAP or CHAP".
's avatar