Posted 14 November 2023

EUFY Suggestions & No Drill Doorbell Mount

Hi everyone

I am considering changing my Nest Doorbell to a EUFY Doorbell, primarily because Nest Aware is too expensive for me to keep up with. £6 a month or £60 a year is a lot when adding to my other ongoing subscriptions, and EUFY advertises no monthly fees.

Does anyone have any experience with EUFY Doorbells and can they really do pretty much everything Nest Aware offers but without a monthly fee (Familiar Faces, 30 days video history)?

If so, please can I get some suggestions on which EUFY Doorbell to use.

Max Budget:

£200 (I will be selling my Nest Doorbell to cover some of the costs)

Preferred features:

- Battery operated (no wires or additional hardware. Not really wanting that home base thing)

- Support my Nest Audio and Home Mini speakers (for example it will say "(Name of person / Someone) is at the front door on my speakers after playing the doorbell sound)

Mount:

I would like the mount to be no drill and strong, able to be applied to a PVC Porch door. This is the current one I have for my Nest Doorbell Battery version

Thank you in advance for any helpful comments
Community Updates
New Comment

1 Comment

's avatar
    So I have the eufy video doorbell (C210) which I have been using for just over a year. A breeze to set up and the app is clean and intuitive, definitely recommend it especially as it’s currently priced at £67.99 on amazon. Battery life and video quality is really good but you will need a memory card to plug into the chime as this is where all your events are saved locally.

Although I mounted the doorbell into the uPVC frame of my door, my dilemma is that I’m now upgrading my door to a composite one and have been told by the manufacturer that drilling into the door or the frame will invalidate the warranty. As I have rendered walls either side of the frame I’m left wondering where do I mount the bell? Eufy don’t offer a no drill mount (from the research I’ve done) so I’m toying with the idea of mounting it on my new door using some 3M tape.

I know that you can use smart speakers (echo dot) as a chime but I’m pretty certain that the eufy won’t recognise a certain individual (at least not the model I have). As mentioned earlier it does come with a chime which doubles up as a home base and the memory card is mounted within it. Hope this helps (edited)