Posted 3 days ago

Pixel 8 battery drain

Anyone getting fast battery drain. charged it full and lost 11% over night. Seems to be going down slowly even when not in use.

Anyone else having this issue, read some posts online regarding the same problem.
Community Updates
New Comment

22 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Install Accubattery n as well as telling you what apps are using the battery, it tells you how much time it spends in "deep sleep" when screen off. It should be pretty high (90+ %) if not then something is preventing your phone going into that state:

51689901_1.jpg
    51689901_1.jpg (edited)
    So it’s not just an Apple thing then!!! It’s ok everyone, don’t panic!!! Just keep buying the latest devices when they come out and I’m sure that manufacturers will then have enough money to research better battery technology.
    If it's fully charged you can use the battery information in settings to see what's using the battery.

But even when you're not actually "using" the phone, it's still in use - as it's checking to see constantly if you get calls, messages, connected to the network and wifi, ...
    have you got power management switched on? i am getting the same problem with my new samsung phone but i don't have power management enabled.

i read that switching off "always on display" really helps with battery useage as well. (edited)
    That's the reason I got rid of my pixel 6 pro awful battery life. It was my first and last pixel phone. Now I'm loving the s23 ultra. With phenomenal battery
    Had the same issue when i got the pixel 7 pro. awful battery life on it coming from a p20 pro and xiamoi 10t pro which were both amazing and lasted 2 days of my use
    On the other hand both my pixels give me 2 or 3 days use when I'm working from home, and at least a day and a half when I'm out and about.
    I always put my phone on airplane mode, when I go to bed
    Is your phone updated to the latest update?

I've had the Pixel 8 Pro since day one once I had the battery drain very quickly on me otherwise been fine.

Had the Pixel 7 and Pro, after a update few months ago noticed the battery to be pretty good.
    11% overnight. Would that not be normal! At that rate, it would last 3 days on standby. So not sure there is any issue here! (edited)
    Ive come from using an iPhone I thought pixel battery was getting low too not sure if it's suppose to be like this
    Author
    What sort of screen time are people getting.mine is showing 1hr 24min
    And 48%. Going to see if I can mess with settings a bit.
    8+ hours for me screen on (happens to be 48% too), I think your phone is mining ⛏️🪙.

51691970-k4VLn.jpg
    I don't know about these newer phones. When I was using the P30 pro or Mate 20x I never lost more than 1%/night with internet/bluetooth off ofc.
    Restrict 1 or 2 apps running in the background. Then see the results.
    Author
    Also, what sort of charger do people recommend, using my old honor charger but selling my old phone and charger so looking for a new one to go with the pixel 8. there are a few on amazon 25w for about £5 or should I be looking for something better. I guess I need fast charger type?
    Ive put a YouTube video for an hour battery went down around 7% is that good?
    That's about 14 hours of youtube, sounds good to me.
    I was having terrible battery life on my pixel 8 - until I uninstalled and reinstalled whatsapp. For some reason, whatsapp was destroying my battery. A simple reinstall and now I'm getting much better battery life - 100% at 12:28pm Friday - 31% at 11:11am Saturday - with 4 hours 10 mins screen time so far. I will post back when the phone fully drains later today with screen time etc.

Look at your battery info and figure out which app is causing the problem. A simple re-install like I did might fix it.

EDIT: down to 1% at 7:33pm, giving 7 hours 33 min of screen time in total and 1 day, 7 hours, 46 minutes since it was charged to 100%. (edited)
    Wow that's excellent!!!
's avatar