Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 30 December 2022

Sky Sports UHD free on channel 401 - Existing UHD TV + Sky sports HD Package Subscribers @ Sky TV

UHD on Sky sports was a paid add on but i recently received an email from Sky that it is now free. Cancel your UHD sports subscription else they may continue to bill you although it is now free.

4060436_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

23 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You still need to have a UHD subscription. They just changed the channel number so 401 is now automatically UHD. Your screen shot doesn’t state anywhere it’s free. You still need the full Sky Sports and UHD pack.

Anyone without the pack should have the HD or SD version of Sky Sports at 401. (edited)
    Yep , it’s £4 a month for UHD (£2 for me on a deal ) . It isn’t free
    Cant believe sky are still charging extra for hd. Completely mad nutters, with most people having at least a 720 p screen or better.. (edited)
    How about the scrap the standard def and stop making people pay to watch in HD , when HD should be standard (edited)
    sky is a rip-off
    [deleted]
    What do you need and can I set up on my own or got to pay someone?
    Ha ha! And I was there thinking someone had made a sensible decision to move UHD straight to 401 to save me having to press select, go through the menu or go to channel 858 (edited)
    Crazy how this hasn’t been sorted out for virgin media customer. Still stuck in the Stone Age with HD
    Yeah it’s pathetic they advertised 4K coming to virgin years ago and we are still waiting for sky sports 
    They still charge for HD so doubt they are gonna give away UHD.
    We can hope.
    Isn’t in UHD for me this evening with only HD package.. sounds as though they’ve just moved the channel number as others have said.
    Cold. I've no idea how you think that UHD has become free.
    [deleted]
    What channel is that on I can’t see it on my lists
    Sky is bad mmmmkay
    [deleted]
    Yeah, but that’s illegal though right

This is what I use :

49191960-S4QJB.jpg (edited)
    So anyone who just wants football cannot now watch in UHD even if they have the UHD pack too. Total BS from sky yet again. They also have the cheek to say it’s a free upgrade. I have the football two pack and have been able to watch in uhd until this change. Thanks sky, I will be cancelling the football packs cos of this. (edited)
's avatar