Posted 31 January 2021

What size drill bit do I need for white wall plug (rawl plug?) M6 26 on the top.

3658895.jpg
Need curtain holders putting up but can't figure out what drill bit to use . Please help.
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If drilling in to brick you need a masonry bit (not one you would use for drilling in to wood)
    5mm
    Mark_Sproat31/01/2021 11:34

I thought it would be as simple as that too, but sadly it's not, not for …I thought it would be as simple as that too, but sadly it's not, not for me anyway .

By the way it's better to drill a hole that it a bit too small and then go over it again to enlarge it a fraction than to drill a hole that is too big in the first place that would need filling. (edited)
    Author
    Curtain holder hook things to each side of the curtain (tie backs) if that makes sense.
    I’d say 5mmbut those rawl plugs look a little stout, what are you fixing and to where?
    No expert here, but compare the drill bit side by side with the wall plug needs to be same size or slightly smaller maybe :/
    Author
    John_Lloyd31/01/2021 11:27

No expert here, but compare the drill bit side by side with the wall plug …No expert here, but compare the drill bit side by side with the wall plug needs to be same size or slightly smaller maybe :/

I thought it would be as simple as that too, but sadly it's not, not for me anyway .
    For a masonary drill bit you need to measure at the widest point of the bit which is near the tip
    I think 5mm might be a bit too snug to get the plug in comfortably. 5.5mm is probably about where you want to be.
    Probably 6mm
's avatar