Amazon Fire Stick with preloaded Kodi

Edited by:"gsj87"Found 18th Dec 2017
Hi all, I was about to purchase the regular Amazon Firestick off Amazon for £30 when a friend mentioned that you can buy 'preloaded' Firesticks of eBay with Kodi on it, giving you access to movies, sports etc.

Example - ebay.co.uk/itm…XuN

Are these safe to use? Are they just plug and play and do you have to keep updating them? Does it also still use the same Amazon interface?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
55 Comments

Or you could save your self some money buy a firestick and preload yourself bareing In mind it's illegal either way

They are illegal

Original Poster

larrylightweight33 s ago

Or you could save your self some money buy a firestick and preload …Or you could save your self some money buy a firestick and preload yourself bareing In mind it's illegal either way

Hey bud, is it easy to preload?

Original Poster

Burkos44 s ago

They are illegal

If they're illegal, how are they sold on eBay?

Buy a firestick and do it yourself
Quite easy to do if I'm honest

dont pay anyone to load it on for you,,, its a piece of cake to do..

Really????eBay is full of crooks and scam artists.

hardly anything on now isp are blocking add ons and i cba messing around with a vpn

gsj8719 m ago

Hey bud, is it easy to preload?

Youtube it all mate

Its so easy to put kodi on yourself. Buy the f/s then go to YouTube and search how to install no limits build kodi and just follow the tutorial video

I don't think Kodi is illegal, isn't it the programs you download within Kodi that make it illegal if using it for paid for sports / movies / cinema etc? I'm sure you can watch internatonal channels for free legally right (again free channel's eqv. Of our freeview)

Kodi be dead in a few months
Already crumbling

gsj8734 m ago

They just are kodi as a stand alone is not illegal it used to be what powered the original Xbox it was called XBMC back then how ever it is illegal to fullyload one to watch sports movies tv and sell it on. By the way it's dead easy to fully load one. I only wanted to make you aware of the legal side of it that's not to say I don't have one

Burkos39 m ago

They are illegal

Kodi is not illegal and it is legal to sell sticks with kodi installed.

What you can’t do is sell sticks with the dodgy kodi add-ins installed that provide illegal access to films/tv. This is how most people are getting around the issue. As other posters have said it’s easy enough to install yourself and there are instructions and videos all over the internet but bear in mind what your intending to do is illegal and may be shut down at any time.

ValheruConway15 m ago

Kodi be dead in a few monthsAlready crumbling

This has been suggested for many months now but it's still going. Even if it goes there have never been so many alternatives.

gsj8743 m ago

I'd also like to add it's not all it's cooked up to be most new realise films are like the days when you bought a dodgy copy DVD meaning crap picture which kind of defeats the point in a world with 1080p and UHD sports has all but gone now and most of the time you'll waste endless hours searching for things to watch and not actually watching much. I don't think iv watched mine for ages using the kodi app much prefer Amazon tv now tv and Netflix.

ding39 m ago

hardly anything on now isp are blocking add ons and i cba messing around …hardly anything on now isp are blocking add ons and i cba messing around with a vpn

Just get a decent build and it’s all ok

sidney692 m ago

Just get a decent build and it’s all ok

What do you recommend?

WhiteNoiseMaker1 m ago

What do you recommend?

Firegurutv, nolimitsbuilds, areswizard are all good 🏼

larrylightweight6 m ago

I'd also like to add it's not all it's cooked up to be most new realise …I'd also like to add it's not all it's cooked up to be most new realise films are like the days when you bought a dodgy copy DVD meaning crap picture which kind of defeats the point in a world with 1080p and UHD sports has all but gone now and most of the time you'll waste endless hours searching for things to watch and not actually watching much. I don't think iv watched mine for ages using the kodi app much prefer Amazon tv now tv and Netflix.

It's only poor quality if you watch CAM versions. Generally good HD copies are only available after the DVDs have been released somewhere in the world. For example an excellent HD copy of Dunkirk is now availabkle.

Van19738 m ago

This has been suggested for many months now but it's still going. Even …This has been suggested for many months now but it's still going. Even if it goes there have never been so many alternatives.

No mate
Lots of the major players like pulse pulled the plug last week
It’s never been so thread bare

sidney692 m ago

Firegurutv, nolimitsbuilds, areswizard are all good 🏼

Firetvguru no longer supported

Van19734 m ago

It's only poor quality if you watch CAM versions. Generally good HD …It's only poor quality if you watch CAM versions. Generally good HD copies are only available after the DVDs have been released somewhere in the world. For example an excellent HD copy of Dunkirk is now availabkle.

Yes that's why I said new realise films

DON'T pay someone to do anything involving Kodi.. dont use illegal add ons but no matter what don't pay anyone BECAUSE the money they make is likely to go.towards other crimes maybe towards terrorism or dangerous counterfeits

Main issue with these preloaded devices is that they can be setup to remotely access your network.

Fire stick now isn't so good i use Netflix and it kept crashing and Amazon refused to replace it...underpowered garbage
Amazon products on the surface look good but really they'e cheap made

It' really sad that Kodi wasn' used properly for legal streaming. In the UK we should be able to watch all American TV and Canadian TV AND sports for free....but don' know how to access legally using legal streams I think it' all bundled together in the illegal pirate add ns

Kodi when I learned about it i thought it' the best thing but I realised it' copyright theft 99/100 and that Kodi should really be helping people find LEGAL streams more than just the few which come bundled

Just get a good iptv

ValheruConway6 h, 59 m ago

No mateLots of the major players like pulse pulled the plug last weekIt’s n …No mateLots of the major players like pulse pulled the plug last weekIt’s never been so thread bare

Exodus, specto etc all work perfectly for me although I prefer terrarium tv anyway

Benjamin3uk6 h, 56 m ago

It' really sad that Kodi wasn' used properly for legal streaming. In the …It' really sad that Kodi wasn' used properly for legal streaming. In the UK we should be able to watch all American TV and Canadian TV AND sports for free....but don' know how to access legally using legal streams I think it' all bundled together in the illegal pirate add nsKodi when I learned about it i thought it' the best thing but I realised it' copyright theft 99/100 and that Kodi should really be helping people find LEGAL streams more than just the few which come bundled

I don't think the Kodi developers have any interest in supporting theft of service. It's up to the end user to install legally linked addons from the official repository. The official builds come with a limited anount of addons.

If you buy preloaded devices then you're pretty much supporting theft of service and shouldn't blame the developers who are 100% against this. I think most TV rights only apply to the countries they are broadcast in so you don't necessary have the right to watch a broadcast that is free in the US.

Kodi is an awesome media player but most people now associate it with stealing which is a bit like buying a lock pick and then blaming the manufacturer because you robbed your neighbours

kester762 h, 24 m ago

I don't think the Kodi developers have any interest in supporting theft of …I don't think the Kodi developers have any interest in supporting theft of service. It's up to the end user to install legally linked addons from the official repository. The official builds come with a limited anount of addons.If you buy preloaded devices then you're pretty much supporting theft of service and shouldn't blame the developers who are 100% against this. I think most TV rights only apply to the countries they are broadcast in so you don't necessary have the right to watch a broadcast that is free in the US.Kodi is an awesome media player but most people now associate it with stealing which is a bit like buying a lock pick and then blaming the manufacturer because you robbed your neighbours

You COMPLETELY didn't understand my comment and said that trying to make me look bad

As soon as you install Kodi it has LEGAL Add ons..don' need the diatribe

chocci3 h, 4 m ago

Exodus, specto etc all work perfectly for me although I prefer terrarium …Exodus, specto etc all work perfectly for me although I prefer terrarium tv anyway

Exodus will be done by end of next week

Terrarium is very good

ValheruConway4 m ago

Exodus will be done by end of next weekTerrarium is very good

We'll see. Someone said that same thing months ago.

chocci17 m ago

We'll see. Someone said that same thing months ago.

No Seeing about it sadly

ValheruConway25 m ago

No Seeing about it sadly

Source? Specto is pretty much the same as exodus anyway
Edited by: "chocci" 19th Dec 2017

Many of the major builds are no longer supported
Pulse went down a few days ago

Fire tv guru too

Isp blocking exodus and covenant quickly

If you use a vpn you should be ok for a bit

ValheruConway13 m ago

Many of the major builds are no longer supportedPulse went down a few days …Many of the major builds are no longer supportedPulse went down a few days ago Fire tv guru tooIsp blocking exodus and covenant quicklyIf you use a vpn you should be ok for a bit

no vpn, just BT ISP that seems quite lax on these addons (at the moment )

What would you guys recommend as a good media streamer then please? Was looking at a fire stick recently, but then considering a roku express media streamer that was recently posted on here. Any advice gratefully received, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to this sort of tech, thanks

ji29zard13 m ago

What would you guys recommend as a good media streamer then please? Was …What would you guys recommend as a good media streamer then please? Was looking at a fire stick recently, but then considering a roku express media streamer that was recently posted on here. Any advice gratefully received, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to this sort of tech, thanks

S905X based android box with at least 2GB RAM and get a decent air mouse too
Edited by: "chocci" 19th Dec 2017

Thanks chocci
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants