PhotoBox: Online Photo Printing
PhotoBox is a UK based photo printing website founded in 2000, its wide range of services are available in 19 countries across the globe, but the company’s head offices are in London and Paris. Over 30 million members use PhotoBox to publish their personal photos and it is considered the largest personal publishing company in Europe.
PhotoBox is only available online. Customers can use the website to access their complete range of services at www.photobox.co.uk. The page has an overall excellent rating on TrustPilot, where previous customers have shared their opinions.
Creating Books, Gifts, Prints and More with PhotoBox
PhotoBox offers its customers many ways to print out their pictures and display them around the home. Here are the seven categories available through their website:
- Photo Books: Here you can collate an album of your images, then choose how to format the book, select the orientation of each photo and decide on the type of cover to use.
- Prints: Choose from a selection of sizes, finishes and extras – like adding your image onto a film poster. You can also create collages, print passport pictures and make a backup DVD for your shots.
- Canvas: Customers can select the right size for their image from 17 different options, then choose a border, text and an arrangement. Canvases arrive ready to hang.
- Posters and Wall Art: This section offers customers the chance to significantly enlarge their photographs. They can choose from a number of finishes, like acrylic or retro, and then pick out a frame.
- Cards: Here you can use your photos to enhance a range of greetings cards, invitations and postcards. You can also add text, plus a number of artistic effects.
- Home Gifts: In this category you can pick out home and lifestyle items, like cushions, phone cases and glitter globes, then decorate them with your photos.
- Mugs: In this section PhotoBox has a variety of mugs for customers to print their picture onto, some have images activated by heat, some are bone china and others are themed.
Under the PhotoBox umbrella, the company also own two other UK companies which you can navigate to from their online shop:
- Moonpig: Moonpig is a personalised greetings card company, which also offers gifts and flowers.
- Sticky9: Sticky9 enables Instagram users to create prints and items like fridge magnets, posters or iPad covers with their shots.
Getting the Best Deals from PhotoBox
PhotoBox regularly provides incentives for its customers in the form of sales e. g. on Father´s or Mother´s day, discount codes and money off vouchers. Some offers can only be redeemed against certain categories, while other are accepted across the entire PhotoBox range.
Opening an Account on the PhotoBox Website
If you want to place an order with PhotoBox, you have to register as a member. This enables you to maintain an album of photographs for future use in your My PhotoBox account. Once your account is confirmed you can refer a friend to PhotoBox who can earn discounts when they place an order.
Payment Methods at photobox.co.uk
Once you have finished ordering, you can either pay for your goods using PayPal, or a credit or debit card. PhotoBox accepts single payments on American Express, Solo, Switch, Visa, Maestro, Visa Delta and Visa Electron.
Delivery with PhotoBox
PhotoBox offers its customers a number of different delivery options, and prices vary depending on what you order. If you order more than one item, the delivery costs of each will be added together to reach a final amount. For example, a standard greetings card has a delivery charge of £1.99 and an A4 Photo book costs £4.29 to be delivered. Therefore, if you ordered these items together your total delivery charge would be £6.28. You can keep track of your delivery charges in your shopping basket.
For important items, you can select Tracked or Special Delivery services. These are charged at £7 for Special Delivery and £5 for Tracked, the standard delivery charge is also added on to those amounts. To send an item to Europe, or further afield via Tracked shipping, the charges vary, but will follow the same system as before. The standard charge will be added on to the costs of Tracked delivery.
Returning Items to PhotoBox
PhotoBox promise that if you are not happy with the quality of your order, they will re-print it at no extra cost. If you are still not satisfied with your photos, you can contact them for a refund. Here’s how to return an item:
- Start by contacting the PhotoBox support team via their website.
- Explain what the problem with your items or prints is.
- They may ask you to take a few photos or screenshots to support your request.
- Depending on the issue, you may be asked to return the goods to them at a non-public
- freepost address that they will provide.
- Alternatively they may choose to reprint and resend your item.
- If you request and are granted a refund, it will be credited back to the original payment source.
Keeping Up with PhotoBox on Social Media
You can follow PhotoBox via Social Media on:
PhotoBox has a well-organised blog that provides information on how to use its services, company news, tips on photography and seasonal articles reflecting special holidays or times of year.
PhotoBox on the Go
If you have a Fire OS, Android or iOS device, you can download the PhotoBox app and use it to capture images from your phone, Dropbox, Facebook, Instagram or PhotoBox account. You can also use the app to create personalised cards, posters and gifts. The app has a print quality indicator, enabling you to check the rendering of larger images and an order tracking feature, so you can check on its progress.
Contacting PhotoBox Customer Support Services
If you need to contact PhotoBox, you can give them a ring on their contact number at 0344 8543366, the line is open from 9:00 to 19:00 each day, aside from Christmas and Boxing Day.
Alternatively, you can click on one of the “Chat with an Agent Online” buttons, to be connected with a representative; this service is available Friday to Saturday from 9:00 to 21:00 and Sunday to Thursday 11:00 to 23:00.
To write to their customer services department, the address is:
2 Willen Field Road
London, NW10 7AQ
Or you can email them through the contact form on the PhotoBox website.
People looking for reasonably priced prints and personalised gifts can keep up to date with offers on the special PhotoBox page on the HotUKDeals site.