Finding Bargain Home and Garden Items at the Range
The Range has rapidly become one of the largest hardware retailers in the UK. In fact, it began life as a humble market stall in Plymouth in the early 1990s. Stallholder Chris Dawson soon expanded into high street retailing, creating CDS, which then became the Range. Now, almost 30 years later, the Range operates more than 100 stores all over the country, selling home, garden and leisure products at affordable prices. The chain is expanding all the time, with more stores planned and a slick online retail operation. So, if you need to replace your lawnmower or find a new kettle, the Range is the ideal place to shop.
Where to Buy the Range Products
The Range allows you to shop both online and at their big box retail stores. If you want to visit them in person, finding a local outlet is easy. Just head to their website and use the Store Locator tool which brings up addresses and handy maps to help out visitors.
Otherwise, you can search or browse through the product categories at www.therange.co.uk and start adding items to your shopping kart straight away.
Product Categories at the Range
As the company’s name suggests The Range specialises in providing a wide range of products in the home, garden and leisure sectors. The range of products on offer at their online store includes:
- Furniture and Storage – Including sofas, chairs, coffee tables, consoles, brackets, nest tables, TV units, sideboards, bookcases, beds, dining tables, chairs, mattresses, wardrobes, drawers, mirrors, stools, dressing tables, computer chairs and desks, furniture for kids and storage options like boxes, cubes, shelving, footstools, Ottomans and bookcases.
- Furnishings – Includes mirrors, wall art, picture frames, blinds, curtains, throws, cushions, bedding, rugs, fragrances, candles, clocks, figurines, ornaments, artificial plants, vases, bean bags, coat racks, hat racks, pouffes, doorstops and draught excluders.
- Lighting – Includes floor lamps, table lamps, string lighting, light bulbs, ceiling lights and lights for outdoor settings.
- Cooking, Dining and Household – Features items for baking, pots, pans, utensils, bowls, chopping boards, aprons, oven gloves, preserving jars, towels, kitchen appliances, glassware, tableware, dinnerware, drinks machines, table linen, accessories for the table, outdoor dining and festive collections.
- Garden – Includes garden furniture, barbecues, outdoor ovens, garden decorations, outdoor lighting, lawnmowers, saws, strimmers, spades, hoes, rakes, items for pools and hot tubs, sheds, summerhouses, bird feeders, gazebos, awnings, hoses and watering kits, parasols, plant pots, hanging baskets and liners and fence panels.
- Pets – Includes items for dogs, cats, small pets, fish, reptiles and birds as well as special sections for kittens and puppies.
- DIY and Decorating – Features paints, wallpaper, brushes, rollers, adhesives, fillers, sanders, sand paper, strippers, sticky back plastic, ladders as well as DIY hand and power tools and flooring products. Also, features electrical accessories like plug sockets, fuses and gangs as well as security lights and alarms, items for vehicle maintenance, storage solutions for tools and workwear.
- Stationery, Crafts and Toys – Includes basic stationery for office and school, office organisation products, craft supplies, papercraft products, embossing and die cutting tools, haberdashery, kids craft items, party supplies and special sections for hobbies and weddings. Also, features plenty of toys, including cards, board games and puzzles, playsets, figurines, electronic vehicles, soft toys and dolls, outdoor play equipment, model making sets and places to store toy collections.
- Appliances and Electricals – Includes dish washers, fridges, freezers, irons, kettles, toasters, microwaves, washing machines, dryers, hobs and cookers. Also, features sewing machines, cables, chargers, batteries, extension leads, towers, docking stations, headphones, DVDs, music and fans.
- Clothing and Leisure – Features men’s, women’s and children’s clothing that is slanted towards outdoor uses, as well as special sections for workwear and wellies. Also, features sections dedicated to camping, fishing, motoring, sports, luggage, pools and spas.
As well as these major product categories, the Range’s online store is also organised by theme. For example, you can visit sections devoted to different rooms of the home or to design themes like “Nautical” or “Rustic”. There are sections for occasions like weddings or Christmas and even sections for specific personality types such as “Outdoorsy type” or “Sport lover”.
Brands Stocked by the Range
The Range stocks a huge variety of the world’s leading brands. Big names on offer at their online store include:
Making a Purchase at the Range.com
Buying items from the Range is simple. First, head to their online store and find the item(s) you want to buy. Then, press “Add to basket” and “View basket” to check that all your items have been added. Choose the right delivery options then press “Proceed to checkout”. You’ll have to enter your email address next, as well as a few pieces of personal information if you are a new customer. After that, the payment process is quick and easy.
The Range’s Loyalty Scheme
The Range doesn’t have its own loyalty scheme, but it does offer users the chance to sign up for a customer account. This allows customers to manage their orders, check delivery times and easily get in touch with the customer service team. You can also sign up for ePoints, a loyalty card scheme that involves multiple retailers, including the Range. Under this scheme, you can accumulate loyalty points with every purchase at the Range, resulting in savings later on.
Sales at The Range
The Range is a discount retailer in the first place, selling affordable home, garden and leisure items, but it also runs plenty of discount codes and other promotions. The best place to find their newest promotions is at the Mega Drop section of the Range’s online store. Check out the Range’s HotUKDeals listings as well, as the company is always offering promo codes to help customers save money. And look out for deals when Black Friday and the January Sales arrive. The Range will almost certainly be slashing the prices of some product categories, so don’t miss out.
Payment Methods Accepted by The Range
Shoppers at therange.co.uk can use all major credit and debit cards along with their PayPal accounts. They also accept American Express.
The online store is protected via an SSL EV Certificate and the firm also employs the Verified by Visa, American Express Safekey and Secured by MasterCard services to check each transaction.
Shipping Options From The Range
Setting your delivery options from the Range is simple and customers have a variety of choices for every order.
The cheapest option is a Saver Delivery, which ensures that products will arrive within 3-5 working days and costs £2.95.
Next up the scale is Next Day and Nominated Delivery. When you order before midnight, the Range will deliver your items the very next day or whenever is most convenient for you. This option costs at least £4.95.
Larger items have a different delivery cost as the Range uses specialist couriers to handle them. Expect to pay at least £9.95 for bulkier deliveries. An extra fee of £8.95 also applies to fragile items.
Returning Items to The Range
The Range allows customers to return their items within 30 days of receipt as long as they have not been used (or are in an “unused condition”).
If you want to make a return, the first thing to do is to contact the Range. The best way to do so is by calling 0345 0267598 (7:00-20:00, 7 days a week).
When you package your items, you’ll need to include the original returns label. If you don’t still have it, you can also write your order number and name on the package, then send the item to:
Vantage Point Business Village
Gloucestershire, GL17 0DD
The Range doesn’t currently offer exchanges and you cannot take items purchased online to one of their stores for a refund or exchange either. All refunds are processed within 5 days of their acceptance and the money will return to the card that made the initial purchase.
The Range’s Social Media Presence
The Range offers a huge array of products for the home and garden. In fact, it’s hard to keep up with their new products and promotions, which is where their social media channels come in handy. If you want to stay in touch with what’s on offer at the Range, you can follow them at:
The company’s online store also features regular blog-style features that include suggestions about how to redesign or decorate your home, with seasonal recommendations and information about the Ranges’ sales – so it’s well worth bookmarking.
Contacting The Range
Getting in touch with the Range is easy. If you have a complaint or a customer query about how to order, you can reach them via the following methods:
- Phone: 0345 0267598 (7:00-20:00, 7 days a week)
- E-mail: [email protected]
- The Range
Plymouth, PL6 7PT
Many basic questions about shipping, payment and returns can also be dealt with via the company’s online FAQ.
Shop for Home and Garden Items at Low Prices with The Range
The Range is the place to go for appliances, DIY tools, wallpaper, paints, garden furniture – in fact, it stocks plenty of life’s essentials. Whenever an appliance breaks or you want to add some decorations to your home, check out the Range’s HotUKDeals listings to see if there’s a discount deal or promo code that can make your purchase even cheaper.