Househould Items and More at Wilko
Wilko may seem like a young company (the name was only assumed in 2012) but Wilkinson actually goes back to 1930, when its first store was opened in Leicester city centre. The next seventy years saw steady expansion, first to the south of England and then the rest of the UK, so that by 1997 there were almost 200 outlets nationwide. Always focused on providing great value and a wide range of useful products, Wilko now has both a high street and online presence, making it easier than ever to shop for its products.
Where to Buy Wilko’s Products
You can either buy Wilko products in person in their high street stores or via www.wilko.com, their online store. If you aren’t sure where your nearest Wilko outlet is, simply use their Store Locator tool. Enter your postcode and a map will come up showing exactly where the nearest stores are and how far away they are.
Product Categories Available on Wilko.com
One of Wilko’s main strengths is the breadth of their product range. You can find a vast array of household items and much more at Wilko.com, where the product range includes:
- Garden: Featuring sheds, greenhouses, fences, screens, seeds and bulbs, power tools, hand tools, weed killers, insect killers, fertilisers, decorations, seedlings, pots, watering tools, security lights and alarms, bird feeders, plus toys for outdoor play.
- Home: This section consists of lights, bathroom items, photo frames, albums, candles, cushions, duvets, linens, pillows, throws, rugs, doormats, boxes and cabinets, chairs, shelves, mirrors, tables, and accessories such as ornaments and wall art.
- Kitchen: Includes tableware, dinnerware, utensils, pots and pans, baking dishes, preserving jars, electronic kitchen appliances, food storage boxes and bags, brewing kits, knives, spoons and forks, specialist knives, chopping boards, textiles, and furniture for the dining room.
- Decorating: Here you'll find wallpaper, paste, paints for indoor and outdoor use, primers, adhesives, sealants, fillers, doors and parts for doors, steps, ladders, sockets, switches, flooring, tiles, wall art, blinds, and curtain poles and rails.
- Housewares: This is if you're in search of items to help with laundry and house cleaning, towels and tissues, heaters and dehumidifiers, air fresheners, haberdashery, shoe care products, bins and bags, pest control products, torches and party items.
- Storage: Includes plastic containers, baskets, towers, office storage solutions, bins for different rooms of the house, garment holders and vacuum packs, luggage and boxes for moving home as well as special boxes for children.
- Pets: Items to feed and care for dogs, cats and kittens and puppies, including flea and worming kits. Also displays items for birds, small pets like hamsters, fish, reptiles and insects, as well as items to feed wild birds and chickens.
- Stationery: Consists of office essentials, school supplies, business cards, paper and card, arts and crafts products, gift wrap, packaging materials, calendars and diaries.
- Health and Beauty: Features cosmetics, hair care products, men’s and women’s toiletries, dental products, electrical beauty accessories, basic medication, holiday items like sunscreen, items for babies, and fragrances.
- Toys: Covers dolls, soft toys, mini vehicles, playsets, items for very young children, board games, jigsaws, outdoor play items, construction and science sets, bikes, scooters (and add-ons for bikes and scooters) and products for children’s parties.
Wilko also includes seasonal sections that are full of gift ideas and holiday essentials. For example, the Christmas section always features trees, gift wrap, decorations, and wreaths.
There are also sections dedicated to new items as well as any current deals, along with the Wilko Life Blog, which includes handy tips about how to use the company’s products.
Brands Stocked by Wilko
Wilko stocks thousands of items manufactured under its own brand, along with some of the world’s most famous brand names, including:
Making a Purchase from Wilko.com
Purchasing items from wilko.com is simple and quick. Just find the item(s) you’d like to buy and press 'add to basket'. There’s no need to register and you can proceed to the checkout as a guest.
Sales at Wilko
Wilko regularly runs big discounts on popular product lines. The easiest way to check up on their latest reductions is by going to the Offers section of the online store where you’ll find discounts divided into product categories like toys, home, decorating, and DIY.
Additionally, Wilko runs half price promotions on selected toys in a separate section and an 'up to half price' section of deals on health and beauty products.
You’ll also find a special Black Friday section in this part of Wilko website. Wilko has even more offers when Black Friday arrives in late November, which is a great time to stock up on home essentials or start a DIY project.
Payment Methods Accepted by Wilko
Shoppers at wilko.com can use the following major payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Electron, Visa Debit, PayPal and American Express (as well as Wilko corporate or gift cards).
All transactions made through the online store are protected by Verified by Visa and Mastercard Securecode, and the site is fully PCI compliant, so your details will always be safe.
Shipping Options available from Wilko.com
Wilko offers a wide range of delivery options for its customers, so choose one that works best for you.
The only free option is to have your items delivered straight to a Wilko store. If you order before 14:00, your items will be sent to a local store within 48 hours (excludes Sundays).
Standard home delivery costs £4 and ensures that your items will reach you within four working days. Deliveries will be made between Monday and Friday, from 8:00-18:00.
Premium home delivery costs £8 and offers next day delivery if you order before 14:00. This is applicable between Tuesday and Saturday, as Sundays are excluded.
Supplier Direct delivery may apply if you have ordered products from one of Wilko’s suppliers (such as power tools). In this case, your items will be delivered to your home within 3-28 days at a cost of either £4 or £8 depending on the weight of the items.
Wilko delivers all over the UK. However, they do advise that some hard to reach areas may experience delays in delivery (such as the Isles of Scilly or the Scottish Islands).
All customers can track their orders as well. To do so, go to the order tracking page, enter your order number and postcode.
Returning Items to Wilko
Wilko allows customers to return any items within 7 working days of receipt if they are not happy with their purchase under the 'Wilko Promise'. This accommodates for items that have been removed from their packaging, as long as they are properly repackaged and returned in working order. You can also return any item in its original packaging within 28 days of purchase.
There are two easy ways to make a return. One option is to take your item(s) and proof of purchase to a Wilko store, where staff will arrange a refund immediately.
Otherwise, you can arrange for a home collection.
To organise a home collection, contact Wilko by phone on: 08000 329329 (Monday to Friday 8:00-20:00, Saturdays 8:00-18:00 and Sundays 9:00-17:00). Staff will arrange a suitable pick-up date and lead you through the rest of the process.
Any order can also be cancelled before it is delivered. If you’ve changed your mind about your order, simply contact Wilko on the phone number above and staff will cancel your order in an instant.
Wilko’s Social Media Presence
Wilko has an active presence on most major social media platforms to engage with customers, announce competitions, new products and discounts – so the channels are well worth following. You can find Wilko on:
Another excellent place to stay in touch with Wilko’s products is its blog section. Wilko Life features plenty of articles about decoration ideas, seasonal tips, DIY projects, arts and crafts and gardening. It’s a good way to make the most of Wilko’s products and get inspiration for your next home improvements.
Wilko also regularly sends out a newsletter to its mailing list members. You can sign up on their homepage.
Wilko offers a number of different ways to get in touch, whether you want to make a complaint, ask about your order(s) or find out more about the product range. You can reach Wilko via:
- Phone: 08000 329329 (Monday to Friday 8:00-20:00, Saturdays 8:00-18:00 and Sundays 9:00-17:00).
- E-mail: Via the contact form on the homepage
- Wilko Customer Care
Nottinghamshire, S80 3EG
- Then again, if you just have a basic question about how to pay, delivery options or returns, you can check out the Wilko FAQ.
Shop for Home Essentials at Low Prices with Wilko Discounts
Wilko operates stores across the UK, specialising in items for the home and garden, pet food, cosmetics, toys and DIY supplies. Basically, it’s a great place to head for home essentials, and Wilko regularly runs discounts on its major product lines. Find out about the newest offers by bookmarking the Wilko HotUKDeals listings page today.