Posted 18 January 2024

50 Gram Gold Minted Bar

costco.co.uk/Jew…058

The Baird & Co. 50g gold minted bar is produced at the internationally recognised London refinery. This bar is produced to the internationally recognised 999.9 standard and carries the Baird & Co. mark, the weight, fineness and a unique serial number. Bars are supplied in sealed, tamper resistant packaging.

Features:

Fine Weight: 50g
Gross Weight: 50g
Minted Bar
24ct Gold
Fineness: 999.9
Please Note:

No cancellation or change of address once ordered
Item cannot be returned or refunded
This item is not eligible for 2% Executive Reward
This item is not eligible for price adjustments
This item is not eligible for any promotions
Prices may vary in warehouse
Limit of 2 bars per member per week
Caution

The price of this product fluctuates in real time according to market prices. Once an order is placed, cancellations, refunds and returns are not possible.

#####

Type Gold Bar
Dimensions H 52.96 x W 30.58 x D 1.65 mm
Metal 24ct Gold
Manufacturer Baird & Co.
Fineness 999.9
Metal Weight 50g
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    I'm not in any position to buy my own bar of gold.

Fascinating to know what type of UK Costco customers would be interested in buying bars of gold.

Would this be seen as an Investment, excessive jewellery, novelty gift or the next TikTok trend with kids with serious bling?
    My mate buys little 10g and 20g bars from somewhere online. I showed him the ones in Cotsco a while ago and he said they're more expensive there.
    I think gold will always go up, so it's a long term investment and maybe you'd prefer to have some gold than cash in the bank?
    Assuming the 50g weight is accurate, that's £170 more than golds current value. And that's not including insurance and security costs of keeping such a thing at home.

I get the idea of investing in gold, but with a broker or investment company. As you say I'm not sure of the intended audience for this.
    Author
    Maybe some of that is down to VAT?
    I suppose it would be 20% cheaper if I went to Dubai maybe
    Looking at gold price that 50g looks to be worth about £2549 and guessing if you go to sell they'll give you less than that so you've already lost 200 quid. Also would you want to store that at home, would you insure it, buy a safe cost again (edited)
    Author
    I suppose it may appeal to the Crypto crowd that have embraced an Alternative Currency mindset.
's avatar