Posted 15 January 2024

Aliexpress (Lenovo Online Store)

I bought the Original Firmware Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022 Snapdragon 870 in November 2023 and received it about 20days ago just after Christmas. Very impressed great screen and sound.

Today literally an hour ago it shut down. and now it doesnt even start. the charge screen shows then the splash screen flickers like there is no tomorrow only when the charger is connected. if i disconnect charger then it doesnt boot at all. so effectively paid £180 for 20 days of use! fml.

From what I am reading its up to the vendor (Lenovo Store Online) to give warranty. cant see anything on their site about warranty for UK customers. But given i paid in USD it probably complicates it. Anyone have any experience or any luck with warranty claims (if any) with Lenovo Online Store?

Bit unlucky with my purchase, but tablet really was good for the time i had it lol!

Lets see what vendor days. not holding hope for any resolution from all the stories i read online. Terrible start to new year
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Have you messaged them, and told them it's stopped working?
    Raise a dispute through AliExpress.
    Author
    It's been more than 15 days (20 days). So cant raise a dispute. Unfortunate. Still waiting on vendor but not holding out any hope.
    Raise a dispute with whichever way you paid. If you use Ali express they will ask you for videos and photos and will continue that cycle untill you give up and they have no intention of refunding you. It will go on for months but if the seller is lenovo themselves they maybe better.
    I have had a positive experience, so worth trying.
    one of the gambles of ordering from china unfortunately
    Author
    Agree. And in all honesty I knew that going in. But thought it would atleast last a year lol. 20 days for it to fail is a bit annoying. (edited)
    Have you tried hard boot by holding in power button for 20-30 secs?

Also might be worth trying to boot into recovery mode as you will usually have a reset option in there.

Usually accessed by holding down pwr+vol up or pwr+vol down, sometimes both vol buttons and pwr
    120 days to file claim via payment mechanism i.e. chargeback.
    Chargeback process will require you to show that you have invited the trader to resolve but trader has declined to resolve / communicate.
    Only becomes complicated if trader requires item to be returned.
    Author
    Well the tablet all of a suggen started up. And seems to be working and charging. So scared to turn it off now. But will have to test it. I did video the issue and sent to vendor. Let's see what they say.

I think aliexpress is like amazon. U can't charge back since payment is to aliexpress not to vendor. I think I read that somewhere. Am I wrong?
    Chargeback is not / should not be detrimentally affected by intermediary processor - as generally indicated by the terms for hilarious PayPal Poortection stating that a chargeback will invalidate PayPal Pootection.
    S75 absolutely would be detrimentally affected by an intermediary processor.
's avatar