Posted 6 January 2024

Although Cashback is not guaranteed from likes of Quidco and TCB, Which magazine gives its blessings

Another article which may interest many users of HUKD birminghammail.co.uk/new…624
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you are going to buy something anyway, then use topcashback.

They are giving you free money. - I received over £1,000 cashback in 2023.

51921382-AGnwr.jpg

As stated in the newspaper article, do not rely upon the purchase tracking - although I have had some success with contacting topcashback for items that had not tracked.

I have also had success on a few occasions where I have contacted topcashback customer services to appeal against refused topcashback.

Also, beware of using discount codes - if the code is not on the topcashback website then they are likely to reject your claim.

The 2023 blackfriday 20% cashback on ebay purchases, which stacked with the 20% discount code was especially good.(This was done in November 2023 on black friday for topcashback and quidco did 20% cashback 3 days later, on cyber monday. Not sure if this will ever be repeated again)

Some people on hotukdeals have posted that if quidco has a better cashback rate than topcashback, then you can purchase via topcashback and get topcashback to match quidco)

Topcashback have a browser plug in for chrome - if you are looking at a website and considering buying, then click on the top cashback tab and activate topcashback before paying at checkout

If I have the option of a discount code that works or topcashback which pays only a few % more, then definitely use the discount code. (You will be 100% sure that you will get the discount and it is applied immediately - if you use topcashback then it may not track / get refused and it can take several months to get the payout.) - For purchases where there I also have a discount code, I use the code and also use topcashback, hoping that both will work but in most cases topcashback reject it.

If you buy multiple items from the same retailer but return one item, then you the retailer may reject ALL of your cashback (for example if you buy a shirt and trousers, but then return the trousers. You will probably NOT get cashback on the shirt) - If buying clothes in different sizes to see which fits you the best, suggest that you place separate orders. You will cashback on the item that you keep. - If doing this, also consider what the retailer charges for delivery.

My final advice: Some retailers will give you percentage cashback on the price that you paid. Others will give cashback on the price that you paid MINUS vat. (edited)
    What happens if you are paid out into your account cashback on an item after you had already returned it - can you return the cashback to the retailer somehow or is it too complicated?
    Sone decent advice. Despite being promoted in the media etc I still suspect there are a great many people who are completely unaware of cashback sites.

I treat cashback as a bonus/an extra that I “may” receive. Not a guarantee. (edited)
    Many people also choose to be lazy about managing their money, and most of this lot are also complaining the loudest about it; for this reason, I no longer try to help because they want everything spoon fed. Unfortunately, there is a tendency to then please this crowd which ends up hurting those who are smart about it and take the effort. (edited)