Posted 6 March 2024

Amazon shortening return window to 14 days for many product categories

I just saw the following message from Amazon and wanted to give everyone a heads-up about upcoming changes to Amazon's return window for certain products:

Hello

For items purchased from March 25, 2024, Amazon will shorten the customer return window from 30 to 14 days, starting from the day of the delivery of the product, in the following categories: Camera, Electronics, Office Products, PC, Wireless, Video Games, Music and Video/DVD. Amazon Devices and Amazon Renewed products will be excluded. To ensure a consistent experience for customers, this change will apply to all eligible categories sold on Amazon, regardless of the channel. The new return window will be displayed automatically in the detail page of each product.

To ensure a smooth transition for customers, between March 25, 2024, and April 25, 2024, they will still be able to request a return through the online return center with a 30-day return window. Same as today, these return requests will be considered within the scope of Amazon’s return and refund policy and must be authorized and refunded accordingly. From April 25, 2024, customers will no longer be able to request a return after 14 days from the day of delivery.

For seller-fulfilled items, the return window that sellers decide to offer must match or exceed Amazon’s return and refund policies. This means that the return window must be of at least 14 days from the day of delivery of the product. If sellers want to offer a return window that is longer than 14 days to provide an enhanced experience to customers, they can update their Returns and Refunds policies. If a seller decide to allow returns after 14 days, customers will need to reach out to them directly to benefit from those enhanced policies.

The Amazon Services Europe team
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar

Is the source credible?
    If credible, is it known who this message text is aimed at / was sent to?
    Is it specific to one or all Amazon European (& UK) regions?
    Thanks.
    Author
    Yes, I sell on Amazon and the same announcement has now been posted on the seller-specific part of the Amazon website. A couple of news portals have also started reporting the change in policy:

channelx.world/202…ow/

basic-tutorials.com/new…ys/

The shortened return window will apply across all Amazon stores in Europe.
    i know with in 5 mins of receiving something whether its going back or not. so no change for me
    Thanks!!
    Thanks for the information!
    Two weeks after key date of April 25 2024 and no change in 30 days return window for items shifted from Amazon UK site.
    Maybe the statement from
    Amazon Services Europe team
    implies any shortened window is exclusively for Amazon EU region sites.

Example UK 30 days return statement for electronics / camera category at 08 May 2024:
    52716003-CPZpw.jpg
    Thanks I often buy a hot UK deal and never test it
    Was this sent via email? Don't see anything.

Being signed The Amazon Services Europe team seems strange to me as I can only ever remember getting emails signed Amazon.co.uk.

Wonder if this is from an email sent to an Amazon third-party seller?

This webpage says (March 7th) Amazon Consumer Electronics shortened Returns window - ChannelX
    For electronic items purchased on Amazon from 25th of March 2024, there will be a shortened Returns window reduced from 30 to 14 days, starting from the day of the delivery of the product. We’ve seen the notification for Amazon Italy, but it’s likely to be reflected across EU country sites.

This is what Amazon.co.uk have on their site right now:
    About Our Returns Policies - Amazon Customer Service
    Amazon.co.uk, and many Sellers on Amazon.co.uk, offer returns for most items within 30 days of receipt of delivery. You can use this page to learn about our return policies. Most items sold on Amazon.co.uk follow our general return policies, but some products have different policies or requirements associated with them.52716072-SVZXZ.jpgedit: Actually, I've now read putnik's reply above, hotukdeals.com/com…418 - missed it
    (edited)
    [deleted]
    You do an Amazon return, as usual...
's avatar