Posted 21 hours ago

Annoying first world problems

There are so many things wrong in the world, yet it is the the petty "this affects me, now" issues that just bug us. What irks you?

Having to wait in until 11am before Amazon release a time slot for your "signature required" alcohol delivery, to be told it will be between 2 and 430, thus killing the day, and then in the dying minutes of that slot when you try to find the courier on the map you get a new slot that is now between 6 & 8pm.
What makes it worse is in those last mins of the second window, you again look to see where the parcel is, only to find it was delivered an hour ago and left on the doorstep.
Community Updates
New Comment

40 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Hotukdeals deciding to separate delivery cost from Deal price, even in cases where the delivery cost is completely unavoidable ! 🤦
    And what's with the smaller lighter font for the delivery price - it's not like it hurts less to pay it because the font is less noticeable.
    Different postage costs to Northern Ireland - this site is called HotUKdeals, not HotGBdeals!
    Getting a message to say the GP wants to see you then requesting an appointment and being told that you have to ring up at 8am next day. So I do that then told you are No.24 on the waiting list and then over half an hour of waiting you are then told when you do get through that all the appointments have now gone and to ring up again tomorrow at 8am!
    Author
    Have you tried their econsult (or whatever name they use) service? You can book appts on that
    The lack of spacial awareness in others, especially when they are stooped over looking at their phones.
    Dishonest private Ebay sellers wanting to make a quick buck by buying used items and flipping them on as new.

Don't get me started
    People who can't use self checkout/ scan and bag tills correctly...
    Shoplifting for me, really naffs me off.
    I end up following people around the supermarket who look suspicious.

Then realise I'm just there to buy a bottle of wine...............
    Daily Tube / commute battles - people who refuse to move inside the carriage and block the door because they need to step out "just" 10 stations later, people who refuse to keep their backpacks on the floor and then force it on the face of those sitting, people who stand in the middle section of the carriage blocking space under both grab rails, people who abruptly stop at the end of the escalator and stare at their phone, people using open back headphones, people using the speaker on a call holding the phone like a pizza slice in front of their mouth...
    and breathe... set your alarm and do it all again tomorrow!
    The comments format on here
    Tell me there's some setting somewhere where the comments can be properly nested according to which particular comment you're replying to (like almost every other busy site out there).
    Everyone using their phone speaker to take/make a call! It won't long before Apple remove the top speaker on the iphone, saying it was courageous and then everyone else following suit!
    Yeah and hold the phone flat in their hand whilst doing so, why did this start ?
    People at checkouts that load up their bag and only then 'remember' their purse (is that sexist?) is at the bottom of the bag, then stick their arm in for 5 mins trying to find it.
    That's like the folk who get on the bus and then 'remember' that they have to pay for the ride, and proceed to sort through their pocket change. This has gotten a little better with contactless payments.
    The poor bugger that's been up driving his amazon van or car all day to deliver me my £85p haribo tangfastics and not have the courtesy to knock. (edited)
    Having to pay so much income tax when you earn over £125,140.
    It's even more fun when you have to do a self assessment over £150k!
    Drivers who insist using the eight hand lane to go straight ahead at a roundabout when the left lane goes straight ahead and is empty.

Or the ones who overtake and then go exactly the same speed you were going anyway.
    People driving whilst on their phones
    Pointless discussion 😁! (edited)
    Delivery drivers (all inc supermarkets) who think they have the god given right to block your drive or double park and block the whole road. Or drivers that will block your drive even though 1 metre ahead or behind them there is plenty of space to park.
    I don't mind that one too much as long as it's the local evri guy who's in and out faster than a special forces operative.

What really winds us up though is when someone uses our drive to turn round, we've had a few near misses of our gateposts
    Anyone in an overtaking lane who's not overtaking!

It's pretty simple. Stay left, unless you want to go past the vehicle in front, then return to the left hand lane once past. Mind boggling how some don't get this.
    Driver's breaking the law, causing a problem and not correcting their mistake. Eg someone driving down a one-way street and telling the other driver to reverse for them
    Old Grannies with their inevitable empty shopping carts, pushing only their large purses in the said trolley ,at Sainsburys, with their old friend chattering in parallel about the latest Royal Family scandal/gossip, blocking others in doing so, and then at checkout queue time, not getting ready with their payment cards/cash, till their turn comes, and after trollies are loaded (by the meagre shopping bag containing only a loaf of bread ) and THEN tring to find the payment card in a tiny purse, contained withing the large purse, and struggling to pay at the self checkout, and then starting another conversation with the helping staff about how unfair life has become and spillling their life stories , while others in the queue are fuming !
    Too be fair the payment thing does my head in too but it applies all ages & sexes.

People queue up at the checkout, wait 5 minutes for their turn, checkout person puts through their 50 items & pushes them down to the collection section & tells the shopper how much.

Only then does the shopper decide to start packing their food & dig through their bags or pockets to find their payment card & do the packing. AND then search through dozens of pieces of paper for the 2p off toilet roll voucher & others that the assistant notices most expired in June 2022.
    Games loading so quick I don't have time to read the tips on loading screen.
's avatar