Posted 25 April 2019

Avengers Endgame *Spoiler Free*

Just got back from the midnight screening of Endgame.

No words. Just wow. What a roller coaster.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

71 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Hellova film. Sad the Endgame hype train is over..
    deleted8085826/04/2019 14:32

I'm not mad on superhero films tbh. It's just a bit of FOMO I think

Some are better than others. Avengers Assemble is a bit generic but decent films for action. Infinity War and Endgame are both epic imo.
    _Whatever_25/04/2019 12:02

Crazy wasn’t it. So much to take in. And you leave a little broken and e …Crazy wasn’t it. So much to take in. And you leave a little broken and empty inside.

Totally agree, not ashamed to say I had tears a few times in the first hour, it's a different animal to infinity war. Loads of fan-boy moments. I watched all the avengers films and civil war and one other obvious film I can't mention to avoid spoilers during week leading upto this film to get me in the zone. ( to be honest I watch them on a regular basis but with loss of hearing I have the subtitles on and it's so funny what they whisper under there breath!)

It's gut wrenching knowing some of my favourites will not be continuing but such an awesome cinematic experience over the last 11 years. At least we still have the GOTG plus one!

Shame Stan Lee didn't see the final film but kinda poetic that his passing coinciding with this end of phase.
    summerof7626/04/2019 23:49

Went and saw the movie this evening. Its too long they should have made it …Went and saw the movie this evening. Its too long they should have made it two and a half hours instead of 3. Good movie

It felt shorter than Infinity War and IW was shorter.. IMO as my wife says it was perfect length
    The movie and storytelling is only as good as the villian. I thought the way Thanos was played was brilliant. He certainly was not a maniac and definitely had that powerful edge , will and gravitas to be seen as a threat.

Like Killmonger, you can be sympathetic to his reasoning but as the protagonist he must be seen as a villian, thus the killing. But as soon as he achieved what he wanted he did stop the killing and did what he had to do with the stones. A worthy villian right near the top.
    There was so many, "did that just actually happen?" moments. I want to go & see it again!
    Author
    GonzoFK25/04/2019 09:18

There was so many, "did that just actually happen?" moments. I want to go …There was so many, "did that just actually happen?" moments. I want to go & see it again!

Crazy wasn’t it. So much to take in. And you leave a little broken and empty inside.
    Author
    JSL25/04/2019 14:17

Most people that say a movie was "wow" or "must watch" I end up watching an …Most people that say a movie was "wow" or "must watch" I end up watching and being utterly disappointed.

Go judge it for yourself
    Definitely helps seeing all the movies as there is a nod to pretty much most of them but you can still enjoy it without. Just nicer to know everyones background and arc.

But who would have thought so much was pinned on that rat. Guessing that's what Dr Strange was on about with one in 14 million
    I never go to 3D because I wear vari focal lenses. I was impressed for the first twenty minutes but then find my brain adjusts and the 3D seems to get weak . It wouldn’t be my first choice and it was a little distracting. I’m going again next week if I’m well enough to see it in Super Screen. 3D is not really worth it The Vue staff were brilliant for sorting out the problem.
    deleted8085825/04/2019 14:10

Meh, thanks for that but I think I'll have to give it a miss then

The person I went with had only seen Captain Marvel. She loved it !!! She recognised most of the characters and didn’t need anything explained to her
    deleted103062225/04/2019 17:47

The person I went with had only seen Captain Marvel. She loved it !!! She …The person I went with had only seen Captain Marvel. She loved it !!! She recognised most of the characters and didn’t need anything explained to her

Oh I might go then
    Author
    deleted8085825/04/2019 18:24

Oh I might go then

Yea give it a go. I go all nerdy and love the whole back story and build up. But yea this film alone is so entertaining. Be interested to see what you think.
    Just great.
    _Whatever_2 m ago

I know right. What they have created is incredible.

As a fan of many years (I read my first Marvel comic in 1966!), it's been worth the wait since then to see what they've done in the last 10 years.
    Just back from seeing it. Crazy. Insane. Breathless. Satisfying. Loved it
    deleted8085825/04/2019 11:13

Do you need to know all this Marvel stuff to enjoy it properly? 3 hours …Do you need to know all this Marvel stuff to enjoy it properly? 3 hours seems a long time to sit there, confused.

Really you need to have watched Avengers Assemble, Civil War & Infinity War.

The film was just brilliant, its the perfect completion of the last 10 years! every character prominent to this film was used perfectly.. (edited)
    MrSprkle25/04/2019 23:39

Really you need to have watched Avengers Assemble, Civil War & Infinity …Really you need to have watched Avengers Assemble, Civil War & Infinity War.The film was just brilliant, its the perfect completion of the last 10 years! every character prominent to this film was used perfectly..

Meh, I might have to give it a miss then
    deleted8085826/04/2019 14:32

g8spur26/04/2019 14:33

Some are better than others. Avengers Assemble is a bit generic but decent …Some are better than others. Avengers Assemble is a bit generic but decent films for action. Infinity War and Endgame are both epic imo.

If Elizabeth Olsen is in one of the movies, then it is worth watching.

In fact, the only element of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" worth watching... well, OK, & Andy Serkis... but for different reasons

I'm watching the #(Don'tSpoilThe)EndGame hype this evening
    * We're in the Endgame now.

(*Youngest offspring & I)
    summerof763 h, 43 m ago

Went and saw the movie this evening. Its too long they should have made it …Went and saw the movie this evening. Its too long they should have made it two and a half hours instead of 3. Good movie

Never too short, watch Once Upon a Time In America, even though it's nearly 4hrs i still wanted more
    deleted1781227/04/2019 03:11

Can you imagine if that was the case?It would be like asking all patrons …Can you imagine if that was the case?It would be like asking all patrons to silence or switch off their handsets & request they are not used, then displaying a screen advertising the cinema chain's Facebook account & Twitter profile addresses.That would just be silly.

deleted103062227/04/2019 08:29

Silly is the idiot who keeps checking every five minutes or so if the have …Silly is the idiot who keeps checking every five minutes or so if the have had a text. Switch off your phone is a must at the cinema

I was very surprised I had a signal at all. Most of the theatres at the multiplex I visit are so deep into the building that you couldn't receive or send data even if you were in that group of selfish people.

I was quite impressed my youngest lasted over three hours without being twitchy with a gadget with Internet access. A selfie-post to Instagram (a "story" of a picture of a dark room; yay!) as we were waiting for the trailers to start & that was it.

That's progress.

Back to the movie, or the whole franchise though... I'm going to watch the next Spider-Man movie, & at least the new Disney+ series I mentioned above, but over the Cinematic Universe tenure & the various offerings via Netflix (some of which, to be fair, were nowhere near as good as the others) I have had diminishing returns with enjoyment.

I am jaded with it now.

"...Endgame", & the journey to get to this point, is an amazing achievement for all those involved, with many stand-out moments related to the entire experience, but I could do with a break from it for a while.

I feel over-saturated now.
    deleted103062227/04/2019 10:48

Hopefully they will get ‘The Fantastic Four ‘ right next time.. I liked the …Hopefully they will get ‘The Fantastic Four ‘ right next time.. I liked the ones with Chris Evans sad, but I did

I liked them too

When they said "we need a big brain to consult " i instinctively screamed "Reed Richards! " in my head
    deleted1781230/04/2019 06:50

Assuming this was not your 4-5 year old perhaps the adult sat on the …Assuming this was not your 4-5 year old perhaps the adult sat on the other side (who may have wanted to see the movie & brought their child along with the expectation of them not lasting the distance anyway).That said, young kids can stay awake for longer than three hours; especially past midnight when you have to get up early for something important :)I do appreciate after so many preceding movies there will be somewhat of an anti-climax at the end of "...Endgame", & there will now be a sense of loss for some (& not just the amount of time sunk into the franchise to date).For me there were a few individual special moments (mostly to do with friendship, relationships, & the bond between parents & their children), but the whole experience was tarnished by the treatment/characterisation of one of the core Avengers... that I would like to discuss further if anybody wishes to do so.Should we start a thread where we can discuss the content (including spoilers), or when is it acceptable to do so in this thread? One week, a fortnight, or a month after release (when the majority have moved on to another movie)? (That will be "John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum" for me).Also... the plot device ("Deus ex machina") that Doctor Strange had to wait for during the many permutations he reviewed in order to kick-start the events of this movie was just lazy writing.

Nope, not my kid. As for the adult on the other side, she spent most of it on her phone and whispering to her other kid(s) behind her if they wanted any sweets.
    Now as for the movie itself. Forget all the plotholes and lazy writing, my main gripe with the film was the pandering to the PC brigade, A certain superhero needed help from a group to get to a place just a few minutes after arriving in style. A similar thing with the Black Panther movie with the racial undertones of the film.
    I watch these films to be entertained, not for the history lessons or pander to the PC brigade.
    I will watch it when it comes out on retail and I may like it on second viewing (Ifinity War was the same, thought it was alright on first viewing, better on second)
    The ending was just breathtaking, I didn't expect that twist.
    Do you need to know all this Marvel stuff to enjoy it properly? 3 hours seems a long time to sit there, confused.
    _Whatever_25/04/2019 12:03

Sounds like me haha. My little boy was not happy I went to the midnight …Sounds like me haha. My little boy was not happy I went to the midnight showing and saw it before him. Hope you enjoy it

My mate want to the Infinity War/Endgame double bill yesterday. I've been avoiding his calls and ignoring his messages all morning!!! (edited)
    _Whatever_25/04/2019 12:07

It would definitely help to have some knowledge of the previous films, as …It would definitely help to have some knowledge of the previous films, as this film just throws you into the universe and expects you to know your stuff. It doesn’t hold your hand at all. It’s well worth putting the time and effort in though. Endgame is over 10 years in the making and they deliver!

Meh, thanks for that but I think I'll have to give it a miss then
    Author
    deleted103062225/04/2019 17:31

Went first thingthis morning to Cardiff Vue, they couldn’t get the p …Went first thingthis morning to Cardiff Vue, they couldn’t get the projector to work, so we all got upgraded to 3D for free

How was it in 3d? I went to Everyman and really enjoyed it but only 2D showing. What did you think?
    JSL25/04/2019 14:17

Most people that say a movie was "wow" or "must watch" I end up watching an …Most people that say a movie was "wow" or "must watch" I end up watching and being utterly disappointed.

Movies are subjective, but we know that.
    Author
    steve122125/04/2019 19:04

Like the last 10 years wait was well worth it.

I know right. What they have created is incredible.
    Author
    majestic201225/04/2019 22:16

Just back from seeing it. Crazy. Insane. Breathless. Satisfying. Loved it

Exactly how I felt so many emotions.
    _Whatever_6 m ago

Exactly how I felt so many emotions.

g8spur26/04/2019 14:31

Or just watch a few other films!

I went to the midnight screening. Seen it again since in less high quality (cough cough).

Absolutely loved it, but I do say that as a huge fan of the MCU and comics in general. Can't wait for the next phase.
    deleted1781226/04/2019 19:36

If Elizabeth Olsen is in one of the movies, then it is worth watching.In …If Elizabeth Olsen is in one of the movies, then it is worth watching.In fact, the only element of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" worth watching... well, OK, & Andy Serkis... but for different reasons I'm watching the #(Don'tSpoilThe)EndGame hype this evening

Enjoy
    deleted103062226/04/2019 21:23

Well said .... ICan’t wait for the next GOtG

Did you catch what the 'plus one' called the team? It's very clever
's avatar