Posted 28 April 2024

EBay.Buyers zero feedback

Selling to buyers with zero feedback
I have previously sold to buyers with zero feedback and I ve be absolutely fine
I have just sold something now to someone with zero feedback, an account opened 2019 no activity
Ccontacted him, he said he could purchase on his other account, which does have feedback
Ebay have said just take photos and record the serial numbers
Other people's views please
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

25 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I don't even look at feedback when selling regardless of value. Follow the seller protection rules and you will be fine. Always state that you only deliver to account address and photograph serial numbers for fraud prevention.
    Plenty of people have more than one ebay account.
    I do, found a nice lady who in the last 100 feedbacks left for sellers left 70 negatives. The others were only positive when she mentioned "seller rectified issue". I cancelled the sale and blocked her.

ebay didnt care, let her keep on scamming (edited)
    If it is not a very expensive item, then I would ship with plenty of photos taken and a tracked method.
    Author
    £300, but I have just done some research, checked the address There is a company registered there
    I think it should be alright
    Get them to send you a message from the other ebay account to confirm the item number, price & the confirmed postage address & username of the zero feedback account.

If they do that acknowledge both received emails from each account including in both the information you have & get them to confirm they have received this on each account.

If they are still going ahead complete the sale. They would have to be a mug to proceed if they were scamming.
    Author
    Thanks, but it's too late now.I ve already said I will dispatch the item
    Author
    The buyer with zero feedback has confirmed they have received it
    Hopefully that one should be okay

The other buyer with over 300 feedback has refused delivery
    I will now have to refund them and pay ebay fees

Can I charge a restocking feed does anyone know (edited)
    How do you know someone has refused delivery?

Anyway, you don't pay % fee on cancelled sales.

& no. You cannot charge a restocking fee & even if you could it would be an admission you are acting as a business.
's avatar