Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 4 April 2013

FLUBIT (get a discount on Amazon products & avoid postage costs) *NO REFERRALS*

flubit.com/

Simply copy & paste the link of a product page on the homepage and flubit will get back to you within 48 hours (normally 24 hours or less) with a better deal. You can also use accumulated points to speed up this process.

Unfortunately, Flubit only allows the use of Amazon UK product listings now - you can still get a discount but it's not nearly as useful as it was before this change

** Now that Amazon are charging delivery fees for items under £10, Flubit is a good option to avoid the extra cost and save on the final price.

** Flubit have recently announced that they will be changing their service to only allow demands for products sold on the Amazon website. This is disappointing to say the least, to contact them and request them not to restrict users in this way, please email - talktous@flubit.com - as a few of us have already done. Hopefully they will consider altering this decision. Thanks. **

** Unfortunately, the Paypal payment option has been removed now too.
Community Updates
New Comment

628 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    bobjohnson

You used to paste a link from any site and they pretty much gauranteed … You used to paste a link from any site and they pretty much gauranteed they could beat the price, you then pay them and they order on your behalf to your address from the cheapest company (usually the company of the link you gave them, I guess they got some affiliate discount)

(my bold)

I don't believe that to be the case. I had been keeping the following info to myself while I enjoyed the discounts, but now it doesn't look like I'll be using them again, so...

Disclosure: I work for a well-known online retailer (not Amazon), who most of you will have heard of but I'm not allowed to mention by name. A few weeks ago we had a really good offer on a hard drive, it got quite a bit of heat on here, and I needed a new hard drive myself so I thought I'd put Flubit to the test before ordering it from ourselves (we don't get staff discounts). Flubit's offer came back even lower than our cost price, so I went ahead and ordered it through them, half wondering if I was buying some sort of grey import.

The order arrived a few days later, in our packaging! Flubit had ordered it from us after all, but there were no prices on the delivery note. Intrigued, I went on our internal system to look at the order details. Flubit had paid us exactly the amount that was on our website, but charged me considerably less. So where was the discount coming from? According to our product manager for storage products and our business account manager, we have no special relationship with Flubit, so my theory is that most of the discounts we've all been getting have been funded by the venture capitalists. Perhaps it was their way of creating a bit of a buzz about the company, and now the VC cash has run out?

To clarify the above with some made-up figures - let's say normal average price for my hard drive is £110, we had it on at £100, and our cost price is £95. Flubit offered me it for £90, but they actually paid us the full price of £100, and they don't get any kickbacks or special discounts from us.
    D_G

They make their money how?

They don't, it's a secret organisation which is funded by The Jimmy Saville Foundation.
    Author
    =
    referral link (for invites) -

flubit.com/Ref…efc
    =

Received the game this weekend, delighted and very happy with the £5 saving!

17677221-JaebE

(edited)
    http://thenextweb.com/uk/2011/07/12/flubit-the-5k-side-project-that-became-a-4m-startup/

Bit of info on how they make their money
    veedubjai

My 1st 2x offers, I got 16% off but will be charged for delivery so it's … My 1st 2x offers, I got 16% off but will be charged for delivery so it's only 16% off the retailer's item price. Benefit of Flubit is that if the retailer must insist minimum order say £75 before any delivery charge but I only wanted 1 item less than £75 then Flubit is ideal. I can bypass minimum order limit.Bear in mind that retailer's minimum orders, delivery charges, seasonal discounts, cashback rates, promo codes can go up as well as down hence Flubit is not a AIO solution for cheaper final prices but it's worth keeping in mind when you're looking for a bargain.

I learnt a new acronym today Ido believe AIO = All In One. AmIRight?AmIRight?
    MaxiB

This is what concerns me...I'm about to order a few gifts for my … This is what concerns me...I'm about to order a few gifts for my daughters b'day, one of them a pair of Creative ep630 headphones. Looking at the Amazon reviews most are happy but there a large number of negative reviews/reports of fakes going around. I'd like to think the ones I've spotted, sold and fulfilled by Amazon are a genuine pair. My concern is, if I send a demand for it and Flubit offer me a better price, are they likely to be getting it from someone who is willing/able to give a lower price but are potentially selling fake products? How are Flubit to know? They are just going to sniff around for the lowest price and get it sent to you right? Not sure if Flubit is practical for me....I'm too paranoid. I hate shopping online and receiving items that show signs of damaged boxes/goods, returned products that have been put back on a shelf, fakes, etc. I'd like to get nothing other than 100% genuine, brand new, sealed and untouched products but unfortunately so many things I have ordered in the past look like they have been opened or boxes have come a bit duffed up, I think using Flubit will just open me up to even more risk... have to tread carefully methinks

If the seller is selling fake products, Flubit won't know. They never see the product before it is sent out. When I have contacted them via their support pages, they have gone away to investigate. They usually come back with responses like 'the seller sent the wrong item', then refund me. Doesn't sounds very plausible to me, does the seller keep both real and fake items in stock? Also the seller was unable to replace, only refund, so I had pend even more time replacing the items.

Oh course, you will have exactly the same problem though Amazon, they often use the same suppliers. But once you'd order something fro Flubit, which usually takes days longer, then waited for them to investigate, then gone to the trouble of finding another and re-order, you are probably a week or more down in time by this point.

If it's something time sensitive like a child's birthday present, unless you are ordering months in advance I really wouldn't bother with them.
    Author
    MBeeching

I still find your Flubit dedication (?) concerning Jas10.Don't think you … I still find your Flubit dedication (?) concerning Jas10.Don't think you are affiliated, but the impression is you are certainly seeking it :DIt's like the cults on The Following, but shopping related.

x) ok, I'll try n tone it down a bit... just saving money and trying to help others to do so too by bringing this to their attention.
    butlers1982

Jas10- you are affiliated with this business.Your "ive heard they" … Jas10- you are affiliated with this business.Your "ive heard they" response is wearing thin. Far too obvious and you should be owning up to affiliation as its not in HUKD spirit

Jas10 hasn't posted in this thread for over 2 weeks.

I've heard a fair bit about them now too... Am I affiliated?

Also, he's posted almost 1500 deals, clearly he's a good bargain hunter. Why wouldn't he share this info? I'm glad he did.
    (edited)
    Most of mine have been from amazon, because they happened to have been cheapest for what I wanted.

With prime delivery and only a pound or so difference for the last few demands think I'll just order direct through Amazon
    WOW. Worst news ever. Amazon aren't the cheapest nor do they have every product we want. This is crazy. Such a backward move. Can only assume Flubit are now in league with Amazon, as this does not benefit the Flubit userbase at all! We get faster deals? So what. It was fine the way it was...and those that did suggest that demand speed could be improved, sure didn't mean destroy the service to do so. Shocked. Absolutely shocked.
    tamebay.com/201…tml

Not sure if posted previously but interesting none the less. Merchants provide a pricing list for their items to Flubit.

I can only assume that by forcing an amazon URL they are ensuring the product exists on their list of products. Therefore they have an instant price list for the URL and can respond with no human involvement. But equally, it allows them to always beat the amazon price as these sellers on Flubit can just drop their % against the static rate that amazon are charging for selling the same item.

This is effectively "Hotwire"/ "Priceline"/"TopSecretHotels" for stock with the only difference being that the supplier does not lose money for the equivalent of empty rooms.
    You know the most annoying thing is they never emailed all the users to tell them their payment system is changing.
    I loved paypal, it was quick and they sent to my default address, made it really easy.

But, as you can guess, they were probably fed up of paypal fees!

At least they could have honestly sent an email telling everyone!
    Invites:

flubit.com/!Referral-Scheme/Share/key=7fe828f5ccaa6d145f924dcf6f29ee6b
    deeky

You jammy git

Had to be the £10 lego set and not the £85 bread maker though didn't it!
    I just LOVE Bertie Stephens. Hint hint.
    Flubit used to be great, then went Amazon only and didn't listen to a word their members said. I have used them a few times since then and I have noticed the saving reduce significantly to the point it is not even worth it. To top that off last two uses have been a nightmare, first one made the demand and they offered a discount from another amazon seller based on a higher price so no saving, emailed them to question this and waited two weeks for a response which pointed out that was all that was available (two weeks later I'm not surprised. Most recently though I ordered a present for my son, got a couple of quid off then three days later got a cancellation email as the seller was out of stock, checked straight away on amazon and it was in stock. Not happy, email sent a week ago and no reply.....useless.
    Starting to get annoyed at Flubit now; they let the sellers just cancel the order if the original Amazon price rises.

I've missed out on a few decent offers now because of this.
    You're better off going straight to Amazon for anything that gets reduced in price, don't bother even using Flubit.
    Read bottom to top.

David (The Flubit Help Clinic)
    Sep 12 13:16

Arnie,

We constantly monitor the performance of our sellers and the percentage of cancellations.

Your feedback is important to us so we can monitor their performance.

I have added 250 points to your account so you can fast track demands in the future

Best regards

David

Me:

So you would advise I avoid Flubit for any offers on Amazon because the
    seller is just allowed to cancel the second the price goes up on Amazon?

Thank you,

David (The Flubit Help Clinic)
    Sep 06 11:44

Arnie

Thank you I am sorry to hear that you have had some of your orders cancelled.

We are continually working with our merchants to ensure the orders are fulfilled, and as we grow and develop our network of merchants the occurance of orders being cancelled due to stock issues will decline.

Thank you for your support in using Flubit

Best regards

David
    ME:

Hi,
    Are sellers allowed to just cancel orders after the amazon price rises?

It's happened to me a couple of times (and others that I know) and I'm
    starting to see a pattern now; it looks like it's in my best interest to
    just bypass Flubit all together when Amazon has an offer on.

It looks like the seller just cancel any orders made when the price has
    gone up on amazon, knowing that the buyer would benefit from the original
    flubit price and they might take a hit.

Would you advise me to just use Amazon instead now? It looks like I
    probably should.

Regards,

(edited)
    moneysavingkitten

I have liked, not because of their response, but because you took the … I have liked, not because of their response, but because you took the time to post it.That's total pants. They have just completely avoided the question haven't they? I don't think they lack of transparency does their credibility any favors. I'm sorry you didn't get a better response.I am wondering if they will reply to your last message at all? They stopped talking to me after I declined their Flubit points. I couldn't see how making faster demands was helpful at all, it won't stop them being canceled.

Won't get a reply, didn't even ask for the points to begin with.
    Left a bad review on trust pilot now.
    thewongwing101

Might be somewhat late to this party just put in my first demand oO

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed they don't cancel on you
    thewongwing101

WOW that was quick 9%

Pro tip, delay the grinning till you have the item in your hand it they cancel, it will probably be a couple of days after you've paid. Pleased for you though
    thewongwing101

Oh if it seems....

It might be okay. 50% of my orders arrived, 50% were cancelled. Just better to know the odds before hand so your not disappointed.
    jsty3105

I learnt a new acronym today Ido believe AIO = All In One. … I learnt a new acronym today Ido believe AIO = All In One. AmIRight?AmIRight?

Chill out man.
    Managed to get 4l of 5w30 castrol oil for £17!
    Received Lego City in the post today (albeit it came in a large PC world/currys box! most likely because the Lego City LE is a bit bigger than normal) in perfect condition. Cheers OP! Shall be using Flubit again!

I just sent them this... I'm not really expecting much

turnmebackwards

I gave it ago on Sniper Elite V2 Wii U against the ShopTo price would … I gave it ago on Sniper Elite V2 Wii U against the ShopTo price would only knock £2.00 of the price & estimate dispatch a week after release date. Same goes for Resident Evil: Revelations Wii U out in May offered it to me at £26.00 same price as TheHut but estimate dispatch is a week after release so might as well leave me current Pre-Orders.Going to give it ago with some Blu-Rays when I can submit four more deals thanks for sharing.

In my experience, these dates are often VERY conservative. I've often had items show up in 2 days after being told it would take at least a week, and even some that have shown up before being 'despatched'. To be fair though, I haven't used them for pre-orders.
    morg106

Lego Batman 2 on PS3 for £12.66 delivered, we'll see how they are at … Lego Batman 2 on PS3 for £12.66 delivered, we'll see how they are at postage now.

Remember the item isn't posted by flubit, but by whoever they've negotiated the price with.
    miikeyblue

Amazon had this priced at about £51 yesterday... flubit have offered a … Amazon had this priced at about £51 yesterday... flubit have offered a price of £46 - and now the Amazon price is back up to £87.78

Just arrived, delivered by DPD.

Can't fault this service, just created a couple more demands for some books.

Cheers for the heads up OP.
    Don't worry. Unbelievable, after spending an hour trying downloading several browsers on laptop repeatedly trying on laptop and ipad, I try on my phone and it works no problems.
    sotv

All there is in that section is (not very fast delivery) and Fireworks … All there is in that section is (not very fast delivery) and Fireworks Merchants mentioned. It seems to much of a gamble for an £18 saving on a £375 item, In this case for meIf you purchase before 1pm tomorrow, it is estimated it would arrive:Standard Delivery: 25th April 2013 - 30th April 2013 Expedited Delivery: 23rd April 2013 - 24th April 2013The following return information is available from this supplier:Fireworks Merchant Limited: PLEASE NOTE ALL DELIVERY COSTS ARE FOR ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, WALES AND N.I ONLY

Tough call I guess. All payments go through paypal though, so you've got a bit of protection there at least.
    Author
    cheaperbythe12

That would be great. I am buying a camera for my parents but worried it … That would be great. I am buying a camera for my parents but worried it may be a grey import if I don't know where I'm buying it from. Amazon's the best price currently at £230 and hoping to get an offer around £200. I've alreadys submitted an offer so will see what turns up. Anyway, how will I know if it is a grey import and is there a way of checking it's a legit manufactured camera?

All I can suggest is emailing flubit and asking, hopefully they'll provide the info you're after. They've been very helpful in answering any queries I had.
    TanyaSpace

Has anyone managed to use Flubit with Zavvi or Asda Direct links?Both … Has anyone managed to use Flubit with Zavvi or Asda Direct links?Both don't seem to work for me for some reason. I go all the way through creating a demandand in the end it's just not there, even though I get confirmation emails for them.Other retailers are fine...

I used Flubit on an Asda direct link.

Got a decent offer through.
    Jas10

x) ok, I'll try n tone it down a bit... just saving money and trying to … x) ok, I'll try n tone it down a bit... just saving money and trying to help others to do so too by bringing this to their attention.

Don't worry about it! More people need to know about Flubit, I've saved so much on video games lately X)
    Author
    Sushi

Don't worry about it! More people need to know about Flubit, I've saved … Don't worry about it! More people need to know about Flubit, I've saved so much on video games lately X)

Me too Just need the time to get round to playing them now!
    Had my injustice yesterday with batman arkham city. Appears to have come from then hut. Strange how they can shave £5 off the price. Anyhow not complaining, all good.
    Rizsparky

Nice verb usage X)How was the delivery times?

How were the delivery times
    Rizsparky

Nice verb usage X)How was the delivery times?

Some are astonishing quick, for example, they've used Amazon Prime, others less so but nothing ridiculous. Had a couple of things go out of stock which can be a little annoying and one order was a slightly different model. However the pros, in savings and customer service, currently outweigh the cons.
    Author
    Rizsparky

How long does the Fireworks Merchants Ltd. delivery usually take?

Their delivery service is decent, how long an item takes to arrive also depends on the original supplier (the store whose link was originally provided) as that's where the item comes from . I have had some items arrive within 2 days, the only one that I had to wait a while for was Lego City Undercover but that was oos at the time at most places. Preordered Injustice Wii U game and that arrived on/close to the release date . Ordered a washing machine and that arrived within 3 days. Personally, I've been very happy with flubit and saved a lot of money
    Author
    butlers1982

Jas10- you are affiliated with this business.Your "ive heard they" … Jas10- you are affiliated with this business.Your "ive heard they" response is wearing thin. Far too obvious and you should be owning up to affiliation as its not in HUKD spirit

Well hello there Mr. Cynical! Honestly, someone just tries to help out and share something good/beneficial but ppl like you have always got to have a problem with something, complain and make ridiculous accusations. You need to chill out. Thanks to ppl like you, sometimes I wish I'd just keep the good deals and info to myself. And if saying a phrase once or twice is wearing thin on you, then you've got a real problem. I've tried to provide as much helpful info as possible here and am glad some ppl and benefitted and appreciated it. It's hardly promotional.
    Author
    Rizsparky

How long did Injustice take to deliver from dispatch date to the day it arrived?[/quote]

It was a pre-order so hadn't yet been released when I placed the order. Came either on or a day after the official release date.
    The only item that took a while was Lego City for me. Last order was Wii U controllers and that came 2 days after it was ordered. Hope that helps. Just contact either flubit by email or use the online portal to directly contact the supplier if you ever have any questions or problems.
's avatar