Posted 25 April 2024

Fragrance Deals vs Discussions

Evening Fragrance Community

As always I want to extend my gratitude to everyone who has dropped me a , 153 of you & counting! I can’t stress how much your engagement & support motivates me to enhance & refine the value I can provide.

One point of reflection has been the method & frequency of my posts. To date, I've opted for the streamlined approach. Posting once a day & primarily featuring Notino Fragrance deals. When I have posted multiple deals, often within a short timeframe, these deals have received a disproportionate number of downvotes. I've accepted that high-turnover deals will never align with the HUKD algorithm. Fortunately, I post to provide value to community members like you!

For this reason, I'm leaning towards a weekly discussion thread. When unpackaged or damaged fragrances become available I'll comment to highlight that deal. This way you'll have the opportunity to see a wider range of LIVE deals. Though not perfect (lack of notifications), rapid posts feel on-brand.

If you've expressed interest in a certain fragrance I'll do my utmost to @ you when a deal arises. I can't control when deals come but I've got a good track record at spotting them!

Lastly, If there's a REALLY good deal, I'll give it its own post. In my opinion, individual deals reach the most (new) eyeballs & won't get buried. If you have any thoughts on this approach, let me know!
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Great to see this and really appreciated! Will be keeping my eye on this that’s for sure!
    Author
    Fingers crossed it pans out & works as intended. On the lookout for deals for Asad & 9 PM
    Hotukdeals doesn't like multiple posts added in a very short period of time from the same retailer...assume it's seen as 'spamming' and people downvote this sort of behaviour, however well-intentioned (I learnt this myself quickly when I first started posting - it's been like this for years).

So, it's not just you and it's not personal.

Of course, there's always the possibility that niche / expensive fragrances will be a blind spot for many HUKDers as well. (edited)
    Always on the lookout and I appreciate your efforts. I might even go for a few blind buys which I promised myself I wouldn't do again
    Author
    Ahhhh blind buys are a dangerous game, depending on the price point!
    Sounds good to me. And thank you. I've bought a few new Fragrances based on your deals. I have a happy hubby and son.
    Author
    I've bought a few new Fragrances based on your deals. I have a happy hubby and son.

You sure know how to make this guy feel special thanks for the kind words
    Thank you for your work, I’m on the prowl for essence de blanc and potentially rasasi hawas at the moment.
    Author
    Noted. I almost certainly won't be able to help with Essence de Blanc however Hawas is very probable
    Author
    Wise words! I know the premise of the site is to vote hot or cold but I only upvote myself

Niche & expensive fragrances don't instinctively go hand in hand with a "deal". As you've said, the site's format has been like this for years so I'm trying to present the deals within that framework.

Frustratingly, the deals Notino has publicly made available have dried up this week. I see and hear things but not many (if any) have gone live to the wider public
's avatar