Posted 6 October 2016

Guide for new Sandwich Artists at Subway for making the Sub

A useful guide to help new Subway Sandwich Artists in making the Sub, and others curious of what goes in it.

Bread/Baguette -

Short knife at the center of one rounded end, pierce and follow through in a constant motion ensuring the knife does not pierce through the bread, continue to reach the rounded center at the other end.

Salads (what goes in as per request) -

Usually for 6" - 3 cucumber slices, 3 tomato slices, a line of lettuce, 2 lines of peppers, a line of sweetcorn, a few gherkins, a few jalapenos

12" - the above x2

Subs (cheese is usually 3 slices for 6", 6 slices for 12", for Halal Subways Turkey is used (Turkey Ham, Breast, Rashers etc)) -

Veggie Delight - 6" - 3 Cheese slices plus requested salad, 12" - 6 slices + salad

Spicy Italian - 6" - 5 pepperoni slices, 5 salami slices, 12" - 10, 10

Turkey Ham - 6" 4 Turkey Ham, 12" - 8

Turkey Ham, Turkey Breast - 6" - 2 Turkey Ham, 2 Turkey Breast, 12" - 4, 4

Turkey Breast - 6" - 3 Turkey Breast, 12" - 6

BMT - 6" - 2 Turkey Ham, 3 Pepperoni, 3 Salami, 12" - 4, 6, 6

Subway Club - 6" - 2 Turkey Breast, 1 Turkey Ham, 2 Beef, 12" - 4, 2, 4

Chicken Tikka - 6" - 1 scoop chicken tikka, 12" - 2 scoops

Chicken Breast - 6" - 1 scoop chicken breast, 12" - 2 scoops

Meatball - 6" - 4 meatballs (left in the heated container all day), 12" - 8

Roast Beef - 6" - 3 Beef, 12" - 6

Big Beef Melt - 6" - 1 Beef Patty, microwaved from frozen, 12" - 2

Chicken Teriyaki - 6" - 1 scoop chicken teriyaki, 12" - 2 scoops

Subway Melt - 6" - 2 Turkey Ham, 2 Turkey Breast, 2 Turkey Rashers, 12" - 4, 4, 4

Chicken and Turkey Rashers - 6" - 1 scoop Chicken Breast, 2 Turkey Rashers, 12" - 2 scoops, 4 rashers

Steak and Cheese - 6" - 1 scoop Steak, 12" - 2 scoops

Veggie Patty - 6" - 1 veggie patty in microwave, 12" - 2 veggie patties

Chicken Piziola - 6" - Meatball sauce (left in the heated container all day), 3 pepperoni, 1 scoop chicken breast, 12" - meatball sauce (left in the heated container all day), 6, 2

Cheese Toastie - Italian Bread 6" cut in half with grated cheese and toasted.

Pepperoni toastie - Italian Bread 6" cut in half with meatball sauce (left in the heated container all day), 3 pepperoni with grated cheese and toasted.

Now you know what little goes into each £3 6" or £5 12" Sub
Community Updates
New Comment

36 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Sandwich artist? WTF????

If you work for McDonalds are you a burger sculptor?

(edited)
    I tell them what to put in. They do as I say. Or no money.
    Never been in a Subway probably never will, they look crap
    hass123

No-one takes notice of what's 'actually' put in them

​I do....
    hass123

I think it must just be you. I watch them like a hawk.
    benjammin316

28914579-dL5X9

benjammin316

How's it being badass to make sure u get what u pay for?Thats common … How's it being badass to make sure u get what u pay for?Thats common sense. Enjoy your unfilled sub.

I wouldn't buy any thing from Subway, so I don't need to enjoy any 'unfilled sub'
    Aren't all Subway counters glass so we can see what's in the sandwiches as they make them? oO
    tregs

How's it being badass to make sure u get what u pay for?

Thats common sense.

Enjoy your unfilled sub.
    How many portions of fake garlic smell do they add? You know, the one they pump out by their doorway so you think it's smells nice. But none of the subs actually taste like.
    hass123

​ man, i don't even blink, i turn all Hawkeye lol
    I do
    Me too, sometimes feeling sad at the meagre amount put in and sometimes pleasantly surprise. It seems to be pot luck in my store oO.
    hass123

Some Subways charge for putting sxtra stuff on like requesting more salad … Some Subways charge for putting sxtra stuff on like requesting more salad or extra slices of cheese

They charge for extra cheese but they shouldn't be charging for extra salad.
    zainarafiq

​No that's Burger King. Their burgers are a piece of art. McDonald's f … ​No that's Burger King. Their burgers are a piece of art. McDonald's food looks like it's come of a factory line.

True, the only thing McDonalds do which is comparable to BK is the Big Tasty but they don't do them all the time unfortunately.
    zainarafiq

​No that's Burger King. Their burgers are a piece of art. McDonald's f … ​No that's Burger King. Their burgers are a piece of art. McDonald's food looks like it's come of a factory line.

The burger King guys are called grill masters. True story (_;) X)
    hass123

Huh?

Not enough BBQ sauce or one less jalapeño than I ask for and I'll jump the counter and have them in a crippler crossface.

zainarafiq

I'll take that as sarcasm because neither are good. They're both plastic junk food that don't compare to actual meat.
    Author
    stuarthanley

Aren't all Subway counters glass so we can see what's in the sandwiches … Aren't all Subway counters glass so we can see what's in the sandwiches as they make them? oO

Me too.
    Me too.
    spoo

Sandwich artist? WTF????If you work for McDonalds are you a burger … Sandwich artist? WTF????If you work for McDonalds are you a burger sculptor?

​No that's Burger King. Their burgers are a piece of art. McDonald's food looks like it's come of a factory line.
    tregs

I wouldn't buy any thing from Subway, so I don't need to enjoy any … I wouldn't buy any thing from Subway, so I don't need to enjoy any 'unfilled sub'

I can lend you some cash fam
    Author
    benjammin316

Some Subways charge for putting sxtra stuff on like requesting more salad or extra slices of cheese
    benjammin316

I can lend you some cash fam

No thanks. I don't know why you would want to "lend you some cash" , when I said I wouldn't buy anything from Subway.

(edited)
    'Sandwich artist'....

That's enough reality for today.
    RossD89

'Sandwich artist'....That's enough reality for today.

They could have a curator too at the cashier to tell you the fab offers.
    hass123

Some Subways charge for putting sxtra stuff on like requesting more salad … Some Subways charge for putting sxtra stuff on like requesting more salad or extra slices of cheese

Make your own sandwich, you don't have to charge you self extra for extra stuff.
    benjammin316

How's it being badass to make sure u get what u pay for?Thats common … How's it being badass to make sure u get what u pay for?Thats common sense. Enjoy your unfilled sub.

Small self employed shop is negotiable especially if one is regular customer. Big company has quality and quantity control.
    spoo

True, the only thing McDonalds do which is comparable to BK is the Big … True, the only thing McDonalds do which is comparable to BK is the Big Tasty but they don't do them all the time unfortunately.

I'm very partial to a Big Tasty with bacon. Sadly, combined with medium fries, this contains 95% your recommended fat intake, and 106% your saturated fat intake.

Definitely in the 'treat' category.
    Gestr

I'm very partial to a Big Tasty with bacon. Sadly, combined with medium … I'm very partial to a Big Tasty with bacon. Sadly, combined with medium fries, this contains 95% your recommended fat intake, and 106% your saturated fat intake.Definitely in the 'treat' category.

Probably just as well they don't sell them that often

Not as scary as the calorie content of a large Dominos pizza anyway. oO
    (edited)
    I like sausage and marmalade sandwich
    spoo

Probably just as well they don't sell them that often :DNot as scary as … Probably just as well they don't sell them that often :DNot as scary as the calorie content of a large Dominos pizza anyway. oO

I hear that if you don't think about it, it doesn't matter
    Author
    deleted57959

This guy ate just subway and went from thisto although he only wear … This guy ate just subway and went from thisto although he only wear orange now, as he is a convicted peadophille.

If you flipped the two images it would be kind of like that documentary supersize me
    Author
    Spasho

I'll take that as sarcasm because neither are good. They're both plastic … I'll take that as sarcasm because neither are good. They're both plastic junk food that don't compare to actual meat.

inb4 Falling Down burger gif
's avatar