Posted 25 November 2008

help!

I have been on the phone with 3 for the last 1 hour trying to give notice for my cancellation and they just keep trying to make me stay but I don't like their offers (ok i know I am picky) but I want to cancel it but they just keep talking had to hang up on one of them and ring back and still they are all like that!! Just cant get off the phone from. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can say so that they will cancel it and I dont have to sit hear for hours on end?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

20 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    send in your cancellation in writing, and send it recorded delivery,
    just be mean and tell them that you are cancelling, tell them to shut up when they try to offer you stuff. Or tell them what you want and say thats the only way you will stay with them
    tell them you dont want any offers and from this point on you are recording the conversation, if they dont confirm your cancellation then you will take it up with trading standards.
    MinstrelMan;3562011

tell them you dont want any offers and from this point on you are … tell them you dont want any offers and from this point on you are recording the conversation, if they dont confirm your cancellation then you will take it up with trading standards.

:thumbsup:
    Tell them you are leaving the country!
    I had a similar situation with Orange... Not too heavy on the talking you in to staying part, but a bit of palava. I said that I would think about it, (their offers) as I still had a week before the end of my 30 day notice, that I also had to phone up and give them at the end of my contract. I phoned back a day after my contract had officially ended (31 days if you like) and I got basically the best deal that I possibly could, after looking at loads of current offers right across the board.

A Sony Ericsson C905, 750 xnet mins, unlimited txt, unlimited internet after 7pm + all day Sat. & Sun. and I think there is free landline minutes at weekend as well all for £25 per month. PLUS, I got £70 ADDED to my account for staying. (Had to purchase the phone to get this for £80, but £150 put back in to my account, that I would have ended up paying on bills anyway so £70 UP)

You are really in a position to get what ever phone you want, with what ever services you want, so have a look and write down all your needs. Phone up and speak to whoever deals with trying to get you to stay, tell them what you want compared to other deals you have seen (write all this info down to rhyme off!) and you will get it, IF you want to stay, if not, just tell them that they can't compete and they will either try harder to match your needs, or they will submit, and disconnect you. Leaving you back to square one, which may or may not be a better option for you considering what you need and are looking for...
    ^^^ never under estimate the importance of paragraphs
    I have experienced this too. In fact they kept calling me till the day the contract ended. I am affriad that you have to take the bull y the horns and keep saying no. ALternatively go into your local 3 store and get them to call and use their bill, at least you can pass the call to an adviser if they get funny with you.
    Author
    Babbabooey;3561967

send in your cancellation in writing, and send it recorded delivery,

My brother did that last time and they said that he had to ring up and by the time he got the reply it was past the 30 days before the end of the contract so he had to pay extra and still have to ring up!
    Author
    Sheep87;3562003

just be mean and tell them that you are cancelling, tell them to shut up … just be mean and tell them that you are cancelling, tell them to shut up when they try to offer you stuff. Or tell them what you want and say thats the only way you will stay with them

I was very polite with them but just ended up shouting at them to listen to me!!!
    Author
    MinstrelMan;3562011

tell them you dont want any offers and from this point on you are … tell them you dont want any offers and from this point on you are recording the conversation, if they dont confirm your cancellation then you will take it up with trading standards.

Does this really work? Because they just wont listen I have explained that the line rental is too expensive for me and they just keep saying that we are not cheapest it will not get cheaper anywhere else. Will have to try that one because my parents contract needs cancelling soon!!
    yeah it works. they see trading standards as the Anti-Christ, the enemy, they are percieved as the skeletor of call center staff where the sheer saying of the word inflicts fear into their very soul.

I've started such rumors like if you say it 5 times in front of the mirror a middle aged man in a suit will apear and audit you.....
    Author
    ifyoudontask?;3562112

Tell them you are leaving the country!

thanks will try that tomorrow!! they will prob try and sell me their international calls then! haha
    Author
    MinstrelMan;3562130

yeah it works. they see trading standards as the Anti-Christ, the enemy, … yeah it works. they see trading standards as the Anti-Christ, the enemy, they are percieved as the skeletor of call center staff where the sheer saying of the word inflicts fear into their very soul.I've started such rumors like if you say it 5 times in front of the mirror a middle aged man in a suit will apear and audit you.....

lol hahaha :giggle: :thumbsup:
    MinstrelMan;3562292

^^^ never under estimate the importance of paragraphs

LOL :thumbsup:
    Author
    rehydrated;3562280

I had a similar situation with Orange. Not too heavy on the talking you … I had a similar situation with Orange. Not too heavy on the talking you in to staying part, but a bit of palava. I said that I would think about it, (their offers) as I still had a week before the end of my 30 day notice, that I also had to phone up and give them at the end of my contract. I phoned back a day after my contract had officially ended (31 days if you like) and I got basically the best deal that I possibly could, after looking at loads of current offers right across the board. A Sony Ericsson C905, 750 xnet mins, unlimited txt, unlimited internet after 7pm + all day Sat. & Sun. and I think there is free landline minutes at weekend as well all for £25 per month. PLUS, I got £70 ADDED to my account for staying. (Had to purchase the phone to get this for £80, but £150 put back in to my account, that I would have ended up paying on bills anyway so £70 UP) You are really in a position to get what ever phone you want, with what ever services you want, so have a look and write down all your needs. Phone up and speak to whoever deals with trying to get you to stay, tell them what you want compared to other deals you have seen (write all this info down to rhyme off!) and you will get it, IF you want to stay, if not, just tell them that they can't compete and they will either try harder to match your needs, or they will submit, and disconnect you. Leaving you back to square one, which may or may not be a better option for you considering what you need and are looking for...

I did have in mind what I want and they offered me the Sony K660 phone which according to them is amazing but I wanted the Nokia 6500 which have been out for over a year and I asked if I get that can I get cheaper line rental and they said no. So they werent really trying to negoiate (sp?) with me but force me into what they think is a good contract.
    i got through it but my eyes hurt, I think you've just altered my prescription...... please forward me your email address so that I may invoice you accordingly :lol:

I seem to be the only one who doesnt have problem with call centers.
    You really need to know what you want and stick to it. What phone, how many minutes, extras, internet etc. Once you know, you are then in a position to haggle, barter, you can't if you don't know...What about this phone, or this one, or this one, too confusing. Have a look & see what you want, take down some comparisons, phone them back. Get the same deal or better, and if they can't match it, then they will be in no position to argue with you.
    Author
    Mrs O;3562423

I have experienced this too. In fact they kept calling me till the day … I have experienced this too. In fact they kept calling me till the day the contract ended. I am affriad that you have to take the bull y the horns and keep saying no. ALternatively go into your local 3 store and get them to call and use their bill, at least you can pass the call to an adviser if they get funny with you.

Yeah just had to keep saying no no no no and thtey just kept asking why why why and just seemed to go on forever.

In the end just had to say if you cant reduce line rental to this then I dont want the contract and they couldnt do so they reluctantly (sp?) did it but still saying I cant get a better deal!
    Author
    3 rung me back and offered me a good deal which i took but they rung my mum today and offered the same deal to her but for £2 less so would I be able to ring up and ask for the same? me and mum have been with them the same time and I spend more than her on my bills as she always keeps to the limit of the free mins and txts. so do you think that I would be abel to dispute it?
's avatar