Posted 2 days ago

Holidays this year more expensive ?

I've booked late this year so likely just this but finding it more pricey this year my budget is only stretching to pretty meh hotels compare to nicer 4 star

Thinking of skipping this year for first time In 8 years
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    How can you skip this year if you've already booked it?
    Author
    I mean looking to book my mistake
    If you can't afford it then it would suggest it isn't feasible wouldn't it?
    Or are you asking if you can get backing from hukd members to get into debt?
    Author
    I'm mentioning my story to see if anyone else noticed same thing, not after people who have no ancetodal things to say
    Well it is May now obviously they will go up depending when you want to fly. We booked January and price been going up since February
    Far more expensive than last year, especially flights and car hire

We normally book a villa in crete every year and up 50% on last year and car hire and flights are ridiculous. Even cabin bags are silly money now (£30 each way!)

Going to Cyprus instead as far cheaper (edited)
    6 nights camping 15 miles from Grimsby £124. That's my holiday this year. £20 a night, roughly the same as last year
    Same boat as you , our normal family holiday around 4 now its more like 8. Currently looking at a cruise ( we've never done one for next year ( mid - end of June for our budget - haven't had a foreign holiday since covid
    Always book next year in December/January. Use easyjet as don't have to pay balance until 30 days before departure and can easily cancel and re book if price reduced in the period before going away.
's avatar