Posted 21 February 2023

King Charles III Coronation £5 Coin £5 + £1.99 p&p delivered @ Westminster Collection

£5 for JUST £5 — NEW coin celebrates the Coronation of King Charles III. This year, the nation will celebrate His Majesty King Charles III's Coronation on 6 May 2023 — an occasion that will remain etched in history forevermore.

westminstercollection.com/p-2…spx

• Official NEW £5 just released
  • Issued by Jersey and fully approved by Buckingham Palace
  • One-year-only design — specially commissioned to celebrate the Coronation
  • The perfect keepsake for you and your family to mark this historic occasion

Specifications
  • Country of Issue: Jersey
  • Year of Issue: 2023
  • Metal: Base Metal
  • Denomination: Five Pounds
  • Reverse: Quentin Peacock
  • Obverse: Glyn Davies
  • Finish: Brilliant Uncirculated
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    These coins are not from the royal mint so are just really cheap / overpriced souvenirs.
    its a novelty item of no value as not legal tender, probably best to wait for the official coins and collection to be released instead as i am sure the royal mint will definitely release a set
    Pretty sure it isn't legal currency in the UK (edited)
    All of these souvenir coins are a scam, don't buy them as an investment. This one is a Base metal so pretty worthless other than as a novelty or souvenir.

Even ones made of solid gold are not worth buying. The people selling them make all the money and if you try to resell them, you will get back less. As you were charged more than the gold was worth, when you bought them.
    This. They’re worth scrap value only, no matter how they’re packaged or marketed. Very few coins are worth anything. As Toneluck mentions (below) you will be added to a suckers list and likely get sent further coins with the obligation to send them back if you don’t want them (otherwise they’ll try to charge).

It’s a scam in all but name, generally targeted at the old and infirm who often believe they are leaving loved ones an investment that will gain in value. It’s an upsetting thing to deal with, particularly when family members pass away and relatives learn that they’d been preyed on for a significant amount of money.

Coin ‘deals’ like this need to be removed from the site imho. (edited)
    Country of issue is a tax haven. So your English money will not necessarily be doing much good, and unless you are going to spend it at some point you have bought an expensive piece of metal.
    His face will be all over the new coins. Just hang on for them to come out at no cost
    "£5 for JUST £5"

Nothing for £6.99 (edited)
    Scammers. Everything about them annoys me. (edited)
    Don't buy as an investment as these don't go up in value. Complete waste of £2 delivery. (edited)
    Plus, once they have your details, you will be bombarded forevermore with 'offers which might be of interest to you', most likely involving being sent further coins which you did not ask for/want, and attempting to charge you for these! Buy coins from Royal Mint or reputable dealers/auction houses only - not these jokers!
    For all you royal collectors i have some limited edition memorial mini portraits of Queen Elizabeth ii . As a tribute to her majesty each one has the tribute ‘first class’ printed on it. Only £5 each 
    I used to collect these as thinking they were legal tender. They are not and cannot be redeemed for anything. I've tried banks, post office and even the royal mint themselves. They all sent me on a merry go round for weeks and month. I've wasted my time so you don't have to waste yours.
    It's because they are from Jersey.
    I've paid UK £5 coins into my bank account with only the occasional grumble.
    Mildly tempted until I read the comments....
    I hope you can buy more than one
    Not worth the metal they’re embossed on.
    NOT legal tender. Don't buy, warn your royalist relatives and friends.
's avatar