Posted 25 November 2023

Laptop any good?

Bought the following from Very for £1045.

ACER Nitro 16 Laptop - 16in QHD+ 165Hz, RTX 4060, AMD Ryzen 7, 16GB RAM, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD

Ok for fortnite, ms flight sim etc?
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    More than good enough yes. Though from personal experience Acer Nitro is a little hit and miss when it comes to build quality. I’d personally upgrade to the Acer Predator if it’s not too much extra, or go for another brand like Lenovo Legion/Loq with similar specs.

I had a Nitro 5 AN515-57 which similar to many stories you see online about build quality had the touchpad collapse in its bracket and drop down slightly - No longer able to click. Sent it in for warranty claim which was a nightmare. Then the CPU cooling fan started misbehaving and getting stuck and not running unless it was a very high speed. Gave up on it after only 9 months and went with Lenovo.

For the sake of fairness though, my partner has a Nitro 5 that’s just passed the 2 year mark and theirs is still running fine apart from a few of the fins on the exhaust vent snapping off.
    Author
    Thanks for the reply. Already purchased for my son’s Xmas. Hopefully it lasts! May consider extending warranty wirh Acer