Posted 12 hours ago

Me best phone purchase yet

I bought a Pixel 8 128 GB from Carphone Warehouse which didn't notify me when delivered so it has been cancelled. But there was a £125 bonus when you trade in specific old phones. I have bought a second hand S8 for £28 from eBay and traded that in and linked to my Pixel 8 purchase.

Phone representative said and noted in server logs that my old trade in bonus will be linked to my new order and I made an order because of that information. The manager honoured the £125 which is due in 5 business days.

I will also get a £100 Currys voucher as per Carphone Warehouse deal for Pixel 8 purchasers.

Overall Cost
£22 a month for * 24 months = £528 + £69 upfront payment

(£528 + £69) - £125 automatic cashback - £100 Currys Voucher + £28 for S8 from eBay to get trade in bonus.

£400 overall payment for a Pixel 8 256GB phone, 24 months of ID Mobile 500 GB, unlimited internet, unlimited texts for 12 months and Pixel Buds A series Headphones.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Be prepared for that cash back to go missing from your account, once the paperwork catches up
    Ouch!
    When CPW did the pixel 7 deal last year I had problems with my trade in as they said I hadn't provided an IMEI and wanted me to email it to them. I pointed out that they didn't ask for one and that they now had my phone, so they should just turn it on and look. I was really annoyed to get it back in the post a few days later. I wrote to them, left bad reviews on trusted reviews, etc. eventually they responded and agreed that I could send the phone again for a trade in. It took ages, but I had to laugh when I received two payments of £175. Still waiting on my top cashback, but after selling the phone I was basically being paid to have an unlimited SIM.

Just be relentless if you have any problems with your trade-in (though maybe more straightforward as you did it in store) (edited)
    Author
    Yes. Being relentless and requesting a log of everything said in written form is the key to a good outcome, as Carphone Warehouse Customer Services lied to me, witnessed and criticized by the in-store sales agents of the same company. The in-store agent was on my side so she helped me to get £125 trade-in cashback regardless of their lies and attempts to blame me as the customer for not collecting the first phone on time. I received a cancellation email on the 26th, at which point they returned, and I didn't get any notification of delivery. The only email I received was suggesting the earliest expected delivery would be the 29th. Congratulations on being paid for the unlimited sim.