Posted 20 November 2022

Microsoft removing Buy as Gift option for Turkey and Argentina - the end of cheap Xbox games?

https://www-somosxbox-com.translate.goog/microsoft-retira-la-opcion-comprar-como-regalo-de-las-xbox-stores-de-turquia-y-argentina/967653?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=es
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Only just purchased a Series S so I'm not very wise to the Xbox way of getting cheap games, so may I ask what was so significant about someone being able to "buy as gift" and then selling the code to a foreign country vs that person in the foreign country setting their VPN to Argentina (for example), making the purchase through their store, and then switching back?

Was the latter method not possible due to payment methods etc.?

Are Xbox games region locked when it comes to playing, or only purchasing?
    Microsoft blocked us from purchasing from these regions via vpn ages ago. We have need sellers in these countries to gift the games so we can buy them cheap. Looks like they are trying to put a stop to this too.
    Sellers in these countries can still gift games.
    Are you sure? The option to gift isn't there for me when looking at the Argentina store.

48761843-T7MOV.jpg (edited)
    No more cheap game passes ? Kids won’t be impressed
    Yeah - I knew it was coming when they put the same restrictions on Design Lab purchases....
    Is there any way of buying games directly from the Argentina store anymore?
's avatar