Posted 7 hours ago

Music to our ears? Our Price is making a comeback!

I remember walking into Our Price (If you're old enough to member), grabbing the headset and listing to your favourite album, then spending my hard earned money buying a single and/or album..

Our Price was a chain of record stores in the United Kingdom and Ireland from 1971 until 2004, but now they're making a comeback

Here's what the website says (Online only atm)

For two decades Our Price has held a special place in the heart of many.
Today, we’re thrilled to announce we’re making a comeback!
Get ready to discover the value and excitement you loved about Our Price as we gear up for a grand re-launch on the 30th April 2024.

Register in advance or wait until the day!

4332106_1.jpg4332106_1.jpg
image credit

4332106_1.jpg
Credit for the heads up
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Just like Toys R Us, Wilko etc, nothing to do with the original company.
    From what I can see on their social media it looks like a bunch of music fans and some have a connection to working for OP back in the day -

52627451-Plf4b.jpg
    Those were the days.

I'm sure I've got some of their carrier bags somewhere.
    52628170-WE8ic.jpg
    Should have revived this, much more creative

The nostalgia (and the days when high streets were full of HMV, Virgin, Woolworths and Boots and WHS sold music!)

Just registered with them as it gives free delivery when they go live - looking forward to checking out what they’ll have to offer.
    Author
    Certainly is, i hope they return to the highstreet also (maybe they are but let's see!)

Thanks again - Woolworths next, please
    Next Andy will be opening up again too!
    Beggar's Banquet in Earls Court in my student days
    I loved Our Price, Virgin Megastores and HMV and am so reluctant to attempt to work out how much i spent there but times have changed. The way we listen to and access media has changed and the model we used to use no longer works. It sucks and as much as i want to return to the 90s (despite paying £15 for DVDs and CDs), its not physically possible.

HMV are already doing this and I haven't walked in. I'm surprised they're still in business.
    I think there is only room for one chain on the high street now and HMV have that spot cemented (and in profit and growing for the last few years too).

I’m pleased there are different options online though as it drives some price competition especially now the price of vinyl has nearly doubled post Covid.
's avatar