Posted 17 November 2023

Quietist, poorest black friday?

Done a few Black Fridays now and this seems by far the worst. Seems like a ghost town.....tumbleweed
Community Updates
New Comment

24 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Case in point. I chose a random item on Amazon Prime day to track(Celestron 31051 AstroMaster 130EQ telescope). It was £185 on Amazon Prime day. It then rose to £209 and was sitting at around £249 yesterday. Now £209 18/11. If you don't need it don't buy it. Use sites like camelcamelcamel to be informed of what you are paying for is actually a good deal.
    It's not actually Black Friday till next Friday really.
    It's always poor in the run up to it.
    If you mainly refer to Amazon its just an excuse to fake sell things by increasing prices or only selling them for a similar price to where they have been all year, don't fall for 50%, 60%, 70% off jargon (edited)
    A manufactured day for making people spend more. Most of the time, prices are even lower by January.
    Not exactly true. For clothing, the normal sizes are OOS in January or have very few in stock.
    The real sales come after black Friday and after Christmas.
    The real deals are always after BF/CM.
    jumped the gun slightly here
    It's not Black Friday. It's a normal week with retailers whacking a "Black Friday Sale" sign on items 5% off RRP.

But I do have a load of board games on my Amazon which have just dropped to their cheapest price this year under a Black Friday banner, so there are deals to be had.
    It's down to a little "X" on a bit of paper 14 years ago...
    In terms of quantity posted, I don't think I've ever seen the site so busy.
    Bearing in mind. It's not actually black Friday yet!
    Y'all think any better deal to come in 15 pro max for black Friday? I got 9% off Currys gift card off from work that cuts down £107. Not sure if to go with this of 24 installments as they are 0% interest from apple.
    Unless you expect to spend £1000+ with Currys over the next two years, then use the gift card option now. Were you to put the £1000 in the bank and pay your installments from that, you could not hope to achieve that level of interest
    Plus the card is likely to have a use by date.
    If a company can give you a 2 year loan for free then it proves the goods were overpriced.
    It's no difference to any day of the week really - there are deals today - some prices I've never seen before, but like any other day you have to tread through all the rubbish con prices to find them.

Individual responsibility seems to be gone these days. It's always someone else's fault for everything. I see it much more simple - it's my responsibility to decide whether to buy something or not - there is more than enough information and tools out there to help me decide on it's value today or any other day.

Blaming the retailer for you buying something at the wrong price is utter madness and a sign of where we are today - rant over lol
    This is the poorest "I am disappointed in Black Friday" post yet!

I joke.

Black Friday has lost its charm. Far too many other "sales" throughout the year. I remember checking Amazons lightning deals, the week of BF, to see what is upcoming...
    Selling days are like Hallmark Cards celebration days. When not enough profit is being made, generate a new reason for people to make a purchase
    black friday not til after thanksgiving! which is next thursday so the real fun starts next friday! today is just amazon deal week.
    Maybe they from the future
    Always seemed meh here tbh
    It isn't black Friday for another week.....
    I remember when "Black Friday" was a load of Charvers in sportswear fighting over an unbranded 42" TV in Asda with a negligible discount.
's avatar