Posted 11 hours ago

Sim card query

Is there any reasonable price sims I can buy to start immediately in a shop which will allow me to use a good amount data abroad for a few days? Calls not so much and not really texts. Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If it is EU only, Lebara can be purchase in shop.
    £10 for 20GB + 100 international mins or £15 for 30GB + 500 international mins

Purchase bundle with your existing 3 PAYG will cover data roaming max 12GB and calling/ texting UK number.
    You need to check if they cover calling/ texting local number, I think they don't. (edited)
    It depends on what you mean by a good amount of data, and the maximum you're willing to spend.
    Very vague request. Be more specific. Eg, 'Abroad' isn't enough (edited)
    What country are you going to? How much data do you need over there? And does your phone support eSIM as that would give you more choice for super cheap introductory offers.
    Superdrug, £20 unlimited everything.
    Just check the roaming allowance.
    Three network.
    12gb cap for Europe. (edited)
    Three themselves are £10 for 10GB Data which can be used in more countries (Europe and beyond) with unlimited minutes and texts or £15 will get you 30GB but only 12GB can be used for roaming.

Otherwise there's Three's sister brand Smarty which uses the exact same system as Superdrug. £8 for 16GB of which 12GB Can be used while roaming - But this is only within the EU.

Superdrug especially for the £20 package isn't that good of a deal in this situation.
's avatar