Posted 14 hours ago

So many filler games

Recently bought a PS5 disc version - after owning a Series S since its launch - and have been trying various games that I wouldn't bother taking a chance on digitally; Nacon have gained the rights to so many licenses and have just filled the physical storefront with subpar games. I was so disappointed when I learned that TDUSC is being published by them. Microids, & THQ Nordic (Nordic Games) are also guilty of this. Bandai Namco, and similar Capcom games, games are really clunky - shame since these seem to be well received - i.e. Elden Ring. Square Enix also seems to be a gamble on non-licensed games - i.e. Outriders, Forspoken, & Valkyrie Elysium give the impression of a totally different company compared to the Square Enix that published GOTG, etc. Focus Interactive, Frontier Developments, Annapurna Interactive, & Saber Interactive (which seem to act as either a developer or publisher) are the only companies outside of the big names that have multiple good outcomes - although they all have their respective misses. I don’t remember games being this sparse on XOne/PS4… maybe i’m just more conservative with my time nowadays idk :/
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Yep so true, there's still not many must have titles especially considering how long the consoles have been out now.
    No you're right this gen hasn't been anything special so far
    Gaming is in recession.
's avatar