Posted 20 February 2024

Some Aliexpress App Tips, May Be Useful To Help Refine Your Browsing & Lower Your Spend?

I mentioned this on Reddit earlier (though the sub is more tips for buying, erm, tribute items) but it's a good way to make your Aliexpress browsing a bit easier.

I won't call it a 'hack' as this word just sends people into a rage 4300344_1.jpgI'm sure most know the tips in my first screenshot, but the second might be less well-known. Hope it helps in some way.

Their personalised app feeds and discounts have definitely boosted my Aliexpress spending, I used to find their website an absolute nightmare to search on so I'd usually give up!

edit: Also, don't forget Aliexpress' image search - select the camera icon at the left of the search bar (on the app) - circled in Red:
4300344_1.jpgAllow Settings > Permissions > Camera Access so the app can see your folder of images:
4300344_1.jpgScan a QR code / take a photo or upload an image (sometimes I use a screenshot image)
If you need help, on the top-right there are 'Tips for better use':4300344_1.jpg4300344-vaijs.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    This is the app section you want, which will bring up similar items (by holding your finger on the image you like for a few seconds)52241146-QAhLe.jpg
    Have never shopped on Aliexpress.
    Worth having a look around ?
    I like to buy things for the home.
    Effort
    Author
    I'm trying to work out if this is sarcastic or not
    Author
    Obviously there are codes floating around for Aliexpress pretty regularly but I don't think any are working for the UK at the moment now the Valentine's ones have expired.

But you can bring the price down a bit if you pay with a fee-free card in $ and the US codes will work.
    The headphone/earbuds maker QCY has an official store in AliExpress. Go to QCY's 'Where to shop' section to find the direct link. I'm assuming other brands have stores in AliExpress, these should be reliable.
    Author
    It's muddied by the fact some stores call themselves 'official' when they're not (some Chinese watch brand sellers do this) but I have had no issues with QCY's store (have raved about the H3's value for money on a few threads).

As for the complaint about Aliexpress last night (I was in bed and can't elaborate much on a phone) - one thing that is a pitfall is if an item goes wrong 15 days after delivery. Can't speak for big ticket items or electronics but I bought a designer dupe necklace (£20-odd) a few months ago and kept it aside for Xmas day.

Obviously I'd then went over the 15 days after delivery time (when you can easily do a dispute). Two days wearing it on and off, it had snapped somehow, I realised, looking in the mirror (part of the broken off necklace was dangling down).

Sent Aliexpress pictures and they told me to contact the seller, whose store had closed down. I told them this and they said they'd email me back - and the email told me again to contact the seller.

Ended up giving up on it as I was going in circles but it's very frustrating when they do this. (edited)
    Author
    Mentioned it on another thread not so long ago, but I think the 'Choice Day' deals can be even cheaper (often there's £3 off £15 and other offers). But good to have a few tricks in your pocket for Aliexpress app browsing, anyway.
    Author
    Added some extra steps for searching via images - someone mentioned this on Reddit the other night and I thought it was an aspect worth adding
's avatar