Posted 28 April 2024

Stolen Amazon package.

Hi
I had an email, with photo, confirming the delivery from Amazon. It was left in front of my door, usually they place it in the porch or behind a large plant pot.
When I arrived home, the package had been taken.
I'm sure this would have happened to other here. How did you deal with it and was it resolved?
Community Updates
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Be ready to take the loss if you haven't given specific instructions for a safe place.
    The reverse is true. If you haven't nominated a safe place, then it remains their package until in your hands, or posted through you letter box, so if they leave it outside somewhere and it get stolen, they have failed to fulfill their contract and you are legally entitled to a refund.

If you nominate a "safe place" to leave it and that's exactly where they put it, then I believe that would have fulfilled their end of the contract, so they don't have to refund you. You may still get a refund as an act of goodwill if they are feeling generous.
    Legislation sides with the victim of the seller's (agent's) failure to perform,
    as legislation states:
    29 Passing of risk...
    (2) The goods remain at the trader's risk until they come into the physical possession of -
    (a) the consumer...
    where (example) delivery through the consumer's letterbox is deemed to qualify as "physical possession of the consumer" as it excludes possible interference from others otherwise preventing it coming into the physical possession of the consumer,
    but a doorstep dump does not meet ppotC as:
    a doorstep is not the consumer (!), and
    nor does a doorstep dump exclude possible interference from others preventing it from coming into tppotC
    (and is additionally borderline reckless).
    The package was never delivered... Until it's in your hands, you have ZERO responsibility, the onus is on Amazon.
    Get a camera over looking a “parcel box” with plenty of signs about cctv.

Here’s mine!

52661285_1.jpg (edited)
    Have you already spoken to CS? That’s the first step you should do
    If it's your first issue with Amazon they will replace/refund the order, if you you have had problems before you could be in for a slog with customers relations.
    That's why I am cancelling my amazon. They often don't even bother to ring the ring doorbell and just dump on step, and never follow my safe place instructions or deliver to nominated neighbour.
    How do you cancel your Amazon? Do you mean Prime?
    What I find funny is , They take a picture to say IE , its been left say behind the bin .

Whats stopping them taking the parcel with them after they've taken the picture
    I'm sure it does happen a lot. A lot of amazon purchases are now not nixed or sent in original packaging ie you can see what it is.
    They put my parcel in the bin on bin day 😞
's avatar