Thames Water free water saving devices

Thames Water have several water saving freebies for people in their area:

• ShowerSave
  • Water Efficient Showerhead
  • Kitchen Swivel Tap
  • Twin Tap Inserts
  • Save-a-flush
  • Shower timer

You can't pick everything at once but have options.

watersavingdevices.thameswater.co.uk/
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Yet more landfill
    I wish the water companies would do something useful like collaborate with the loo cistern designers on a design that does not start to trickle water through the pan 5 years after purchase. These modern dual flush things are unreliable impossible to find correct spare parts for.

You'd be amazed at how many gallons can vanish in a week when a cistern starts to trickle (often silently).
    Up to now I've been carefully taking the internals apart with the help of YouTube, soaking the seals in vinegar to get the limescale off and refitting. But I dread the day when a new mechanism is needed.

In ye olde days you knew you had a leak when the overflow was pouring from the upstairs wall outdoors and every part to fix it could be bought out of standard parts bin. (edited)
    Author
    royals03/12/2020 19:22

Yet more landfill

Actually I picked up a Kitchen Swivel Tap and it's working quite nicely...
    This should not be classed as a deal as they had it for long time, but it is definitely good reminder for those who are not aware. Heat.
    All water companies have freebies on offer through the same site.
    yorkie1203/12/2020 19:41

All water companies have freebies on offer through the same site.

True, but i've never seen items for cold weather before
    Thanks OP
    ReggieS03/12/2020 21:03

True, but i've never seen items for cold weather before

I've had garden tap covers before but not pipe insulation.
    yorkie1203/12/2020 21:07

I've had garden tap covers before but not pipe insulation.

When did you get it and is it any good?
    Its the first time ive seen the winter stuff but then again i've not checked for the last year or two as we had a few bits a few years ago.
    The garden water gel thing was probably the best
    ReggieS03/12/2020 21:09

When did you get it and is it any good?Its the first time ive seen the …When did you get it and is it any good?Its the first time ive seen the winter stuff but then again i've not checked for the last year or two as we had a few bits a few years ago.The garden water gel thing was probably the best

Yeah the tap cover is the same as you'd get from B&Q , polystyrene cup held in place with elasticated cord. Does the job.
    Only order if you are definitely going to use them as they aren't free

The inflated costs are offset against their tax liability so we all end up paying for these things (some of which are rubbish)
    The water efficient shower head reminds me of the Seinfeld "The Shower Head" episode
's avatar