Posted 21 hours ago

Three 100MB Sim

I have had this SIM for years now but it seems the party is over now. It gave you 100MB free data a month, not much but it was something! I noticed I couldn't check my balance using the usual number so tried to log in and it said I need to create my account again so did now it shows no allowances and is charging 1p per 100KB! Also 35p per phone call, though can't remember how much it used to be.

It was a broadband SIM really that was on a deal here years ago, it didn't have voicemail. Seems by December last year they were charging me for data but I didn't notice it, I don't use it a lot but was handy if I was out as I still use PAYG. Did anyone else use it?
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Yep they've discontinued it without giving any notice to anyone, we all wasted our credit without realising.

Thread about it here:

community.three.co.uk/t5/…e/9
    It's over now, after new account creation thing it became clear. They never sent any notice out which I found quite frustrating but at least it lasted a fair few years. Probably closest you will get to that value is going for one of the Lyca/Lebara deals and changing SIMs
    You say it's over, but there are some people still claiming to be getting the 200mb every month. Very weird.
    Looks like all you can do is complain and get some credit to make up for the credit the lack of notification cost you.

The SIMs remained on the 3-2-1 tariff even after the main PAYG SIMs became stupidly expensive.

Cancelling it without notice has been a bit of a PR nightmare for 3 but doesn't look like they'll be embarrassed into restoring it. (edited)
    I used to use it. It was great for GPS IoT devices.

This was 3's Data Reward SIM that gave a free 200 MB monthly allowance. RIP.
    What about the 200MB "data" only SIM - is that still a thing?
    I think that's what the OP is referring to.
    Its all part of a plan to remove all gimmicks when merger is on the cards with VodaCON.
    The question now is, how long will the completely free OG RWG 250mb sims keep working for? It's been 3 years I think, but at some point they'll surely have to go the same way as Ovivo and FreedomPop... (edited)
    Author
    Was Ovivo that one where you would watch adverts in a browser to get data credit, I had loads of gigabytes but then it shut down. I still have a FreedomPop SIM, didn't know it has shut down
's avatar