Posted 2 February 2024

Three Pixel 7a never received phone but they took £280

There was a really popular deal here in December from Three for a Pixel 7a for only £280.

I remember seeing in the comments that many people's orders got cancelled or they did not receive any emails.

I never received the phone or even a confirmation email but Three took £280 from my banks account (Debit Card saddly) and I have since wasted hours speaking to them and my bank and am not getting anywhere.

I think I might have to take them to small claims court. Is anyone else in the same situation with Three?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Three deliver their handsets via courier.
    Is Three's courier suggesting a tracked package was delivered successfully satisfying "passing of risk" legislation?
    If not, your bank card issuer should be happy to accept your chargeback claim.

There is presumably more to this issue than contained within the summary few lines of OP.
    Author
    I never received an email, order confirmation or anything at all. On the phone I have spoken to a dozen advisors who can see the order was cancelled (by their system) but nothing else. As far as am aware they never sent out a phone as the process didn't go past the very first stage. They have told me that the money will be automatically returned if an order is cancelled but nothing has come back.

First they said it would be 10 days then 28 working days both of which have passed. Their system seems to have taken the money but not created the order. It was a PAYG phone order so there was no financing and it was not paid for via credit card.

I started the chargeback process but paused when asked what written communication I have had from Three. Although I have made a complaint via their website and spoken to them many times nothing is written.

Worst case scenario am sure a small claims court would resolve this but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this with Three following their purchase of this deal. (edited)
    Too much inconsistency in OP posts to offer relevant comment.

Generic observation route to resolution:
    LBA to 3 (and also regulated credit provider if subsequent statement of
    paid for via credit card
    is accurate),
    plus optional complaint to whatever organisation's payment protection procedure
    exposes consumer to being vulnerable to detriment when the chargeback / S75 procedure is unreasonably reliant on natively non-existent trader written comms.
    Author
    Sorry I was suppose to write that I did not pay via financing or via credit card. The payment was made via debit card and Chase bank has now opened a dispute. They said I should hear back within 7-10 days.