Posted 17 December 2023

Tips for Temu (and expired coupons)

I replied to a post the other day stating my experience with Temu and some tips on how to get the most out of their coupons. I thought I could make a separate post about it and add a few coupon tips I just discovered.

I won't give any coupon codes, I don't have an affiliate account, you can google them or add the dealfinder extension on your browser and visit Temu.

Lawsuits against Temu: American lawyers will sue the ice in your Pepsi for making it too cold. Just another lawsuit in the US, until there is a verdict, it means nothing.

Spam emails: They're very simple to turn off through their settings, same with texts.

Money goes missing: People add to their existing orders (Temu lets you add to your existing order for a time window of a few hours until they ship the order) and forget about it. They just forget they added extra stuff and then when they see the charges on their cards or paypal or whatever method they paid with, they start yelling that Temu is stealing their money. It's silly honestly.

Low quality: Haven't had any problems (except maybe the size of an item or two which was my fault), if you check their listings properly (including the reviews) then you know what to expect. I'm not saying they sell high quality items, but some stuff are really good for the money you're paying (they're even cheaper with all the coupons). Plus you can send anything back for free (first item only from every order). Usually on your first order, if an item is not more expensive than £10 (or a bit over than £10, you gotta check when you hit return/refund), you get your money back without even having to send the item back.

Now, some extra tips:

50% coupons: You can create a "new" account from different phones/tablets with different burner emails (works only once with every device, they can track if you've downloaded the app again even if you reset your device) and get that £20 off £40 with every "first" order you place. And after that they give you even more coupons. I have some coupons now (which with some refunds and price adjustments) make 45% off £100. With those coupons, it's worth buying whatever you want from their site. I'll place an order today. You also have to make sure that you haven't left your payment information in previous accounts. I only pay with PayPal and I always make sure that my account doesn't "remember" my PayPal.

One thing you need to remember, you need to apply these coupons to your account within one hour after you've downloaded the app to a new or old device (phone or tablet) that you've never used before for Temu. They only work within the one hour time frame. After you've applied them, you have like 24 or 48 hours (not 100% sure, I think it's 48) to use them.

Expired coupons: If you have expired coupons into your account, that have expired within the past 30 days, you can contact customer support through the app, write expired coupons in the chat and it'll give you the option to renew them for a few days. The customer support chat is AI, so you'll basically do this yourself. Renew all of your coupons, it gives you another 4-5 days to use them.

If the coupons have expired more than 30 days ago, the chat will give you a 50% coupon with a £20 cap. Better than nothing, right? You just have to click on accept or yes, whatever option the AI chat gives you.

Price adjustments: You can keep checking your orders for 30 days after you've placed them, if the price of an item goes down, you get the difference back. Couple of weeks ago I ordered some pyjamas for my partner (really fluffy, thick and warm, she's really happy with them) for £22. I had a 50% coupon, paid £11. After that I got £7 back with price adjustment. It's ridiculous how their price adjustment system works but I did get £7 back from the £11 I paid for a good set of pyjamas. Just go in your order (not where all the orders are, you need to click in each order), there's usually 3 dots next to refunds etc. Click on price adjustment and it'll tell you if you can get anything back.

It's definitely not a scam, if you do these few things, you'll basically get most stuff for a fraction of the money you'd spend on Amazon.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Thanks for this post, it's very informative. I've used Temu once and personally I think that they get a lot of very undeserved criticism towards them.

The only issue I've encountered is that recently the items I am interested in buying are cheaper elsewhere, for example on Aliexpress. By the way, you should check out Tiktok shop if you've not done so. They operate in the same manner as Temu and give a significant discount on your first order, depending on the item, which is also locked to one use per account and device. (edited)
    Author
    What tiktok shop is this? Is it on the app?
    Thanks for posting this in a separate thread and adding the big about expired coupons. I'm going to set up my new account today.

I've only ever paid with PayPal and I don't usually save payment methods but I'll see if I can check on my old account to see if there's anything saved and then remove it
    Tried Temu, used the sign up codes, spent about £50 on RRP £200 stuff.
    I'd say I got about £50 worth of stuff (Toys).
    Complete scam in my opinion.
    Never look at RRPs, nobody ever sells things at those other than sometimes an original manufacturer will advertise at those so that people buy their things 'discounted' at other outlets. I always look at the item vs what it says it will cost me, and I often think things on Temu are overpriced but then again some are absolute bargains.
    Personally, from my experience Temu has been a hit and miss venture with more misses than hits. Some of the items fail to match their description or extremely poor quality. But on the other hand, some have been what I expected.

I'd be very mindful of the reviews as some clearly are fake or paid for. I say this because, people have made purchases, then post photos of the items they have purchased as part of their review and the item in their photo doesn't match the item being sold and worse still, isn't even on sale, yet they say how happy they are with the purchase.
    Author
    I think some reviews are store reviews as there are no reviews yet for some of their products. Or you might find reviews from other suppliers.

For me, the prices are worth it only if you use the 40-50% coupons.

I mainly buy stuff for my cat, which so far are good, some useful gadgets (mostly stuff for the house, not electronics) and my partner gets her things like pyjamas, women's bags, leggings etc and she seems happy with them. The new devices thing is working fine for the coupons so we get them half price. (edited)
    Thanks. Used the expired code request today. Do you keep signing back up to get 50% off?
    Author
    Basically yes, but from different devices.
's avatar