Posted 3 days ago

What a rip off !!!!!!!!

So there is an advert for a one bed flat in Brixton for £1200.00 per month which is discounted due to building works being completed

Click here .... openrent.co.uk/pro…913.

As you will see once the building work has been completed the rent will.in increase to £2900.00

WTF

for people who know Brixton this area although has tried to shun its image from being a down and out area.

But is this landlord fitting the on suite in gold ?????
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    They're both insane, imagine paying £2300 per month to have your sofa and tv in your kitchen
    50-100miles away people have 3 bedroom semi detached houses with a drive and large rear garden for 35% of that cost (edited)
    Not a rip off, all above board and everything clearly stated.
    It seems it's aimed at short stay rather than long stay.

Before Enquiring: Ensure you're okay with the temporary renovation period and aware of the rent increase post-upgrade.
    Ideal for those seeking short-term accommodation with an option to extend.
    (edited)
    Its a sad state of affairs when the binmen can't afford to live within 20 miles of the area they are expected to work.

I guess sooner or later residents will start to have a van share scheme to take their own bin bags to landfill
    that is shocking. How is the average Joe soap supposed to afford that, you can rent an island for that price in Scotland lol ( slight exaggeration but you know what I mean )
    Renting is an absolute joke most places, but some just take the Michael. Luckily my house is bought, but I've still all the other bills to worry about
    ironic thing is you're paying a premium to live in a dump. I think its why we will continue to see a brain drain where people who can will live abroad in nicer parts, live like a king and "WFH".
    The UKs housing market is a way of modern day slavery by the rentier class. You think you're free, but you HAVE to work for the next 25-40 years to pay your astronomical mortgage or rent.

The more you owe, the more you have to earn, the more tax you pay to the government, whoms politicians roll out prop after prop to increase house prices when they can, I guess it doesn't hurt that a majority of MPs are landlords themselves.

New slaves, debt slaves! (edited)
    I would not live in London if you paid me.
's avatar