Posted 6 November 2009

Which Ipod is most suitable?

Im afraid to say it but at the age of 24 i have never owned an Ipod!!

They have never interested me that much and so ive never kept track of their specs etc..

Can one of you experts recommend a model for me?

*I dont need a MASSIVE memory as i dont have loads and loads of music
*I want to be able to dock it and play it outloud around the house.
*I probably wouldnt watch films/play games (if any even do that. lol)
*I need a new phone but im not sure on the Iphone as its touch screen. DP has a touch screen phone and i cant text - texting is a big must have for me!

REP given for your time - Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

22 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    the porter;6799954

iphone 8gb end off look no furthur

8gb is a poor capacity, what happens when you put some apps and music on there?

pointless imo, 16gb and above if you were going to get an iphone
    l_i_s_a;6800128

Well no - but i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction … Well no - but i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any known bargains at the moment

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]ahh ok.

you don't tend to get that many bargains with apple stuff. Its usually at RRP or just slightly under, and if your lucky they will throw in a itunes voucher.

Its very rare for current models to come down in price.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    sounds like a smallish nano or even a shuffle and a phone
    4gb can get about 100albums depending on quality so just depends on oyur exact needs
    i would go for the nano 16GB its got a radio and a video camera, goes in your pocket great and looks well cool, with a good capacity, then just get yourself a normal phone, it will work out cheaper than an iphone

i got the silver one 2 days ago and im loving it:-D
    HTC, I have an iphone and there cack, battery is a joke, and feels out of date now. My iphones sound output (earphone socket) has failed also.
    Adam2050;6800021

HTC, I have an iphone and there cack, battery is a joke, and feels out of … HTC, I have an iphone and there cack, battery is a joke, and feels out of date now. My iphones sound output (earphone socket) has failed also.

:thumbsup:htc is very nice, quite expensive though
    Author
    What is HTC?
    l_i_s_a;6800059

What is HTC?

a phone
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]BTW, the iphone touch screen is like no other - it actually works.

I felt exactly the same for a long time - I text a lot, and purposely steered clear of touch screen phones. Then I gave in and got one, and its really good.

Whether you need an iphone... thats your call, I'm just talking about the texting/touch screen aspect.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Author
    Does anbod know the going rate for an Ipod Nano?
    Author
    vibeone;6800086

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]BTW, the iphone touch … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]BTW, the iphone touch screen is like no other - it actually works.I felt exactly the same for a long time - I text a lot, and purposely steered clear of touch screen phones. Then I gave in and got one, and its really good.Whether you need an iphone... thats your call, I'm just talking about the texting/touch screen aspect.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks for that

I could probably get an Iphone from O2 (havent had a phone in about 3 years), so it would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone (or as the saying goes) lol

That is why it is an option
    l_i_s_a;6800093

Does anbod know the going rate for an Ipod Nano?

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]with all due respect, you could try looking. It's not hard to check argos and amazon is it?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Author
    l_i_s_a;6800112

Thanks for that I could probably get an Iphone from O2 (havent had a … Thanks for that I could probably get an Iphone from O2 (havent had a phone in about 3 years), so it would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone (or as the saying goes) lolThat is why it is an option

Author
    vibeone;6800114

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]with all due respect, … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]with all due respect, you could try looking. It's not hard to check argos and amazon is it?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Well no - but i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any known bargains at the moment
    l_i_s_a;6800128

Well no - but i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction … Well no - but i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any known bargains at the moment

you dont get great discounts on ipods, nano 16gb is £134.97, but i got my 10% off at tesco so worked out cheaper
    Author
    vibeone;6800156

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]ahh ok.you don't tend … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]ahh ok.you don't tend to get that many bargains with apple stuff. Its usually at RRP or just slightly under, and if your lucky they will throw in a itunes voucher.Its very rare for current models to come down in price.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Ahh i didnt know that about the price.

Ive noticed that the tend to come with something extra as an offer. Like cases, headphones, armband, Itunes voucher - From experience is there anthing extra that i will need (like amust have extra) other than the itunes voucher.
    l_i_s_a;6800203

Ahh i didnt know that about the price.Ive noticed that the tend to come … Ahh i didnt know that about the price.Ive noticed that the tend to come with something extra as an offer. Like cases, headphones, armband, Itunes voucher - From experience is there anthing extra that i will need (like amust have extra) other than the itunes voucher.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]All the stuff you get with them will be cheap tat the store wants rid of - go for the itunes voucher in almost all cases [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Author
    can u dock shuffles?

and also, would i be looking for a 4th or 5th generation Nano?

I was thinking i could get one from Very/littlewoods with a money off code i have but im not sure that i want to risk them as the arnt all that good with customer services if things go wrong after.
    Get a Nokia 5530! They are £99 from CPW! The sound quality is better, capacity is unlimited (Mirco SD cards) and you'll have a new phone!

You mentioned you want to play it around the house, this phone is built has stereo hi-fi speakers!
    Smithers37;6800346

Get a Nokia 5530! They are £99 from CPW! The sound quality is better, … Get a Nokia 5530! They are £99 from CPW! The sound quality is better, capacity is unlimited (Mirco SD cards) and you'll have a new phone!You mentioned you want to play it around the house, this phone is built has stereo hi-fi speakers!

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]terrible phone.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    vibeone;6800872

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]terrible … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]terrible phone.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Explain?
's avatar