Posted 29 June 2009

Would it be ok if I exterminated the guys cutting the grass?

I am in the middle of a severe bout of hayfever. I have had three nights of sleeplessness because I can't breath properly. My eyes itch. My top palatte is driving me crazy. I am all bunged up and sneezing ..... and great monsters of lawnmowers are cutting the grass on the field in front of my house.

Bother!
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I used to suffer badly, until some old boy in my old village recommended eating honey produced locally, Within a month and (touch wood) I haven't had any symptoms since.
    rough lot them gardners ....id stay clear unless you wanna live yourself
    keeps the place looking tidy which is always nice
    LOL i'd say go for it pred. I used to have heyfever and hated the exact same thing but strangely I haven't had it for a while. Hope you feel better soon
    casparwhite;5617857

rough lot them gardners ....id stay clear unless you wanna live yourself

especially living in Liverpool :lol:
    buy some claraytn
    i would love to have a go on one of them ride on mower thingys they use ..
    I think you'd be quite in your right to machine gun them, or quietly walk over to them and cut off their heads with a samurai sword.

PS. Only Joking!! But I sympathies with you as I'm in the same boat as you.:cry:
    Author
    jamespir;5617885

buy some claraytn

Oh if only they really worked!

I use a different type of hayfever tablet now - just about work I suppose. I have nasal sprays, eye drops and even a couple of red lights to shove up my nose (looks cool at night - I really shine:))
    I'm in the same boat - my sympathies are with you.

Using Beconase, Opticrom and Clarytin here at the moment - not helping a great deal I have to say.

Driving back into the village the other, I passed tractors cutting the hedges, guys with strimmers, lawnmower men and the fat guys on the sit on things. Wanted to scream at them all (not quite moved onto homicide yet....)

Even better, my grass needs cutting today too :roll:
    I find it very strange the sheer number of people that suffer from hayfever these days. (old fogey moment coming up) I don't remember that many having it when I was a kid.

Is it the different types of plants / crops that grow in this country or maybe the additives they put in the food?
    go see your quack

there's some sort of jab you can get now to help sort it
    greg_68;5618162

I find it very strange the sheer number of people that suffer from … I find it very strange the sheer number of people that suffer from hayfever these days. (old fogey moment coming up) I don't remember that many having it when I was a kid.Is it the different types of plants / crops that grow in this country or maybe the additives they put in the food?

I have suffered from pollen allergies on and off for about 26 years. I think a lot of the time it used to be called a 'summer cold'. I don't think there are that many more sufferers these days - we just tend to moan about it a bit more......................;-)
    I wouldnt normally say yes. But I suppose if you then covered them carefully with all the cut grass it might act as compost and allow them to grow again LOL
    Wonder if Jacko's oxygen tent is available now Soz for the bad himour
's avatar