Posted 2 days ago

Your Profile Pages are getting a fresh new look!

We’re pleased to introduce an updated design of your profile pages. This update aims to maintain a unified and consistent look across our mobile apps and website while laying the groundwork for a REALLY exciting addition to the platform... Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks!

4311339_1.jpg
Here’s what’s new in your profile pages from today:

• The profile header has been redesigned to offer a refreshed and modern look.

• We’ve reorganized the tabs, improved their accessibility on mobile, and introduced distinct tabs for Badges and Statistics for easier navigation.

These changes will gradually roll out on all profile pages starting today and will be available in the next app versions.

We’re looking forward to sharing this updated look for Profile Pages with you and are keen to hear your feedback. This is the first of many improvements we’re planning to enhance your experience, so stay tuned for more reveals!
Community Updates
New Comment

40 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'm sure we would still prefer to have the effort put into building a filter option to block posts based on subject matter (edited)
    👀
    Looks OK, but I noticed that on the main page it says I have 57 deals, when I really have 53 deals and 4 discussions: it appears to have added them together. If I'm correct then this is misleading, especially if someone has contributed 1000 nonsensical discussions and a couple of deals.

Generally I'd like to see more stats/badges in that big grey box under my avatar on the main page, as it's looking very empty and more use could be made of the space. EDIT: Though I am browsing on PC, and I'm sure the grey box will be a lot more condensed on a phone in portrait mode. (edited)
    Author
    Thanks We're looking at the deals and discussions point you raise as it should show just the deals.

You're also right about how it'll display on a phone with much less space. Once you've had chance to take a look let us know what you think.
    How about a filter on Ebooks and Lingerie (nice to look at though they are )
    Author
    I think these are a different topic to the profile pages so feel free to join the ebook discussion here - hotukdeals.com/fee…746

As for lingerie and similar content, this is something we're discussing internally but no decision has been taken yet.
    Cold only has 8GB ram.
    When did we get a profile page
    Author
    I reckon since about 2004
    is there any update on when finance deals are going to be allowed again please, like bank accounts and credit cards etc?
    Author
    I'm afraid no news and I don't expect there to be anytime soon. I'm sure you know already but you need to be approved by the FCA.
    Can we have banners in that grey area? haha.
    So is there a choice of light or dark theme as all backgrounds now are light for me on everything
    Author
    That choice is not available at the moment. While it isn't being worked on right now, we hope this is something we will be able to bring in the future.
    Thank you for unifying it.
    It makes sense after all.
    Kudos.
    "a REALLY exciting addition" sounds intriguing ! 👀
    Author
    I'm really excited about it and I hope the community will be too
    On the subject of profiles, what's the deal with anonymous profiles that keep popping up in comments on deals?
    It's because he's scared hukd will use his data
    top 5 friends and our favourite music playing, lets roll back the years
    hotukbebodeals?

I like it.
    Is there any update on when the dark mode filter will be available?

It feels like I've been waiting for ages for it to happen and to anyone who suggests using a third party browser extension, no thank you I don't want all my web data comprmised.
's avatar