Posted 1 day ago

2024 Summer Holidays advice please

Afternoon all this might be a crystal ball question!
We are looking to book a holiday during the school summer holidays , we are flexible on dates and location, is there such a thing as last minute deals now or do they hold price till due to margins?
Any help much appreciated thank you 🙏
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I should imagine the longer you leave it the less choice & value for money you will get in peak times for families. That is normally how it works or it certainly was for us when we had family holidays.

It is different for singles & couples, lots more choice & lots more cancellations.
    Length of time? How many travelling? Airports?
    Yes there is such a thing as last minute but sometimes you may not get what you want. What budget? Have a look at TUI last minute deals to give you an idea. I would normally start looking 2 months before and aim to book 4-6 weeks before your actual dates.
    Holidaypirates can be a good site to look at.
    Holiday Hypermarket is a good place to look as it's TUI's discount platform and holidays are mainly cheaper than their main site.
    4* All inclusive to Turkey £2440 here another here
    Author
    Thanks both looking for 7 days all inclusive in End of July / August 2A 2C , from Manchester or Liverpool (edited)
    Go long haul. Europe is stupid prices. I've taken my kids to Mexico, Dubai, Caribbean just to name a few, all for a very similar price to places like Spain, Portugal etc (edited)
's avatar