Posted 22 March 2024

60% Top Cashback at RAC?

Hi, I'm looking at a deal that ends tonight, I can't believe I didn't think about asking here sooner TBH.

Reading the T&CS's is states: "Not available if you’ve had RAC breakdown cover at any time in the past 4 months".

My current 'Break Down cover' I bought through my car insurance Aviva Zero, and they use RAC.

I called RAC and they confirmed I'm not a member... but I guess I still have cover by them?

Do you think it will be a sneaky loophole that could work in my favour or the perfect reason for them not to give me cash back?

topcashback.co.uk/rac…wn/
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    No idea if related but thread from few days ago implies there is (additionally?) direct cashback from RAC and includes a URL to RAC page mentioning (not-obviously-defined) cashback amount ending 8am 28 March 2024:
    hotukdeals.com/dis…400
    Author
    Thanks for that. It appears the link takes you to a 33% off page.
    I wonder if they are connected somehow. TCB says their offer ends tonight though
    I think everyone is excluded from RAC Breakdown Cover.

Even those who are fully paid up members.
    Just to add to the confusion:
    RAC website has a "cashback cake" page URL that shouts in upper case:
    EARN CASHBACK AS YOU ADD TO YOUR POLICY
    web.archive.org/web…ews
    but again doesn't obviously define the amount of cashback nor where to find CB t&c.
    Author
    It's an odd how vague the cash back is.

You know, I think that specific 'cash back' offer on RAC might have originated from the TopCashback site, and that was the external link from it. As the pages look identical, coincidently, both are stating the 28th even though the TCB (60%) expires today.

Anyway, I took the bate... haha

Edit: now dropped to 50% - still good.

52441787-NdWGa.jpg

TCB Tracking...
    52441787-CGkqO.jpg
    Wish me luck! 🙏 (edited)
's avatar