Posted 15 July 2020

ADIDAS INFINITE PLAY - trade gear and pass it on - get credit vouchers

whilst on the ADIDAS website to buy masks , my daughter noticed that you can now enter the barcode for old football boots , trainers, clothes and get a credit voucher.

Being in lockdown , they have now cleared out their wardrobes and have £185 in used gear . Adidas send out a bag and you return.

I compared prices to items on Ebay and prices are comparible without the postage and hassle

adidas.co.uk/blo…320
Community Updates
New Comment

29 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I did this!!! Awesome service got a new pair of shoes for £10!! The pair I traded in I bought for £30 and was worth £30 3 years later!!

Edit I believe it’s only on the iOS app atm (edited)
    Disappeared from app now? No details from Adidas as to whats happening, still showing on stuffstr website as running
    Search infinite play on Adidas site and it comes up..
    KeyboardKitten15/07/2020 14:37

I did this!!! Awesome service got a new pair of shoes for £10!! The pair I …I did this!!! Awesome service got a new pair of shoes for £10!! The pair I traded in I bought for £30 and was worth £30 3 years later!!Edit I believe it’s only on the iOS app atm

On Android too since the UK launch last year.
    I have traded some gear but had really hard time to get gift voucher, was chasing this for two months.
    Myusernamehasgone23415/07/2020 17:10

Did they sort it in the end. Can you use the voucher against multiple items …Did they sort it in the end. Can you use the voucher against multiple items in one order do you know.

It’s a gift card so it’s off the whole order! It uses the whole thing in one order I think
    Same here, sent more stuff, link disappeared, tried speaking with adidas and got fobbed off, very concerned atm, will see how this pans out. It did disappear before, when it came back it wiped around £10 off value of trainers I had scanned in so maybe they are altering this again.
    Over £70 worth, I have the tracking details of when the stuff was posted and when it arrived at its destination, they should pay up, otherwise it’s theft, can’t believe a company the size of adidas can’t sort this out!
    So just spoke to customer service, infinite play has been discontinued, luckily they are going to honour the voucher, can’t believe they would just shut it down without any prior warning to customers!
    41767238-Bc5Jm.jpg
    Disgraceful really, I wonder how many other people have been affected? If you sell gear back to them they should honour it and not fob people off, just deleting the link from the app without warning is shocking from a company this size!
    41805198-k5U3h.jpgscreen shot below shows they all don’t know what’s going on and still asking for evidence

Same with me and I’m getting fobbed off all the time by adidas and they keep saying update the app, show me a picture of what your not seeing And then when I send them evidence, adidas closes my case. In my view, something is going on and guessing the valuations maybe too high??? Very odd behaviour and I’ve managed to find the uk CEO’s email and have asked him for an update!! (edited)
    Would be good if you got a response, could you let us know if you do and what the response is?
    Thought I was going mad, I couldnt find any mention of infiniteplay after I had sent some items off about 4 weeks ago. Luckily I just found my proof of postage but am now on to their whatsapp chat and the guy is clueless. Why send bags out if they are going to end the scheme. Ill post any update I get here.
    link not working....
    Thank you so much

I hate eBay so this a fantastic alternative

What’s more the trade in prices are more than what I paid for most of the items.
    senukas15/07/2020 15:53

On Android too since the UK launch last year. I have traded some gear but …On Android too since the UK launch last year. I have traded some gear but had really hard time to get gift voucher, was chasing this for two months.

Did they sort it in the end.

Can you use the voucher against multiple items in one order do you know.
    KeyboardKitten15/07/2020 20:11

It’s a gift card so it’s off the whole order! It uses the whole thing in on …It’s a gift card so it’s off the whole order! It uses the whole thing in one order I think

Thanks. I’m amazed how good the prices are they offered seems too good to be true to be honest. (edited)
    Myusernamehasgone23415/07/2020 17:10

Did they sort it in the end. Can you use the voucher against multiple items …Did they sort it in the end. Can you use the voucher against multiple items in one order do you know.

I got this sorted and received my gift voucher in the end.
    I think used trainer prices are quite good but clothing goes for peanuts. I recently sold BB tracksuit on ebay for £45 and Infinite Play were offering only £7.
    Just wanted to say a huge thank you for posting this

Got my voucher today.
    Has this disappeared off the app for anyone else?

I sent more items in and now can’t see it.

No sign of another voucher and no where to track the progress.
    Stueg27/08/2020 06:53

Same here, sent more stuff, link disappeared, tried speaking with adidas …Same here, sent more stuff, link disappeared, tried speaking with adidas and got fobbed off, very concerned atm, will see how this pans out. It did disappear before, when it came back it wiped around £10 off value of trainers I had scanned in so maybe they are altering this again.

I’ve sent more stuff a while back not heard anything and nothing showing on the app.

I called up customer service yesterday who said they would email a different department about it. But wanted details like date sent, items, amount which I couldn’t give as its all gone from app.

They said maybe it was a technical issue with the app.

I’m not particularly hopeful.
    Stueg27/08/2020 06:53

Same here, sent more stuff, link disappeared, tried speaking with adidas …Same here, sent more stuff, link disappeared, tried speaking with adidas and got fobbed off, very concerned atm, will see how this pans out. It did disappear before, when it came back it wiped around £10 off value of trainers I had scanned in so maybe they are altering this again.

Did you send a high value of stuff back?

I got over £50 back from the first lot I sent in.

This second lot was worth around £20 that I'm waiting for.

I hope they bring this back or at.least pay out what they said they would..
    Stueg27/08/2020 15:03

So just spoke to customer service, infinite play has been discontinued, …So just spoke to customer service, infinite play has been discontinued, luckily they are going to honour the voucher, can’t believe they would just shut it down without any prior warning to customers![Image]

Thanks for the update. I’ve dug our my postal receipt so hopefully will get my voucher

They should have said it was stopping and messaged customers. Very poor form from them.
    deleted255638801/09/2020 14:15

Same with me and I’m getting fobbed off all the time by adidas and they kee …Same with me and I’m getting fobbed off all the time by adidas and they keep saying update the app, show me a picture of what your not seeing And then when I send them evidence, adidas closes my case. In my view, something is going on and guessing the valuations maybe too high??? Very odd behaviour and I’ve managed to find the uk CEO’s email and have asked him for an update!!

Will you let us know what they say.

Probably try chasing this up again.

Did seem too good to be true.

First time I used it no issues.

But this second time I'm doubtful they'll pay out.
    Stueg03/09/2020 17:10

Would be good if you got a response, could you let us know if you do and wh …Would be good if you got a response, could you let us know if you do and what the response is?

deleted255638801/09/2020 14:15

[Image] screen shot below shows they all don’t know what’s going on and sti …[Image] screen shot below shows they all don’t know what’s going on and still asking for evidence Same with me and I’m getting fobbed off all the time by adidas and they keep saying update the app, show me a picture of what your not seeing And then when I send them evidence, adidas closes my case. In my view, something is going on and guessing the valuations maybe too high??? Very odd behaviour and I’ve managed to find the uk CEO’s email and have asked him for an update!!

Yeah would appreciate if you can let us know how you get on and what we can do to resolve it.
    ladypike16/09/2020 19:20

Thought I was going mad, I couldnt find any mention of infiniteplay after …Thought I was going mad, I couldnt find any mention of infiniteplay after I had sent some items off about 4 weeks ago. Luckily I just found my proof of postage but am now on to their whatsapp chat and the guy is clueless. Why send bags out if they are going to end the scheme. Ill post any update I get here.

Still not heard anything about this

Really frustrating as you said why mail the bags out and then just completely remove it from the app

They have launched a new refer a friend scheme with creators club

£10 off for your friend £10 voucher for you

hotukdeals.com/dis…458
    Just to update. My voucher finally appeared today.
    Myusernamehasgone23408/10/2020 20:55

Just to update. My voucher finally appeared today.

Did you get an email or did it just appear in your app? I'm still waiting from 16th of September. I've been in contact with them on WhatsApp, they told me it would be dealt with in 48-72 hours. When I contacted them a week later, they told me to be patient and I'm still waiting. Really poor service from such a large company.
    PrincessDollyCakes25/10/2020 08:06

Did you get an email or did it just appear in your app? I'm still waiting …Did you get an email or did it just appear in your app? I'm still waiting from 16th of September. I've been in contact with them on WhatsApp, they told me it would be dealt with in 48-72 hours. When I contacted them a week later, they told me to be patient and I'm still waiting. Really poor service from such a large company.

It appeared in the app and they sent an email too.

I was surprised how badlythey handle this.
    I finally have my voucher. What a farce, I can't believe a company like Adidas did not handle this better. To stop a service but not to have anything in place to handle previous trade ins is just a joke. Oh well, off to find something to spend my voucher on
's avatar