Posted 22 July 2023

Aldi Tomato Sauce

4171446_1.jpg
Aldi Tomato Sauce

Old bottle on the left, new on the right. Same price but less squirts per bottle....
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    50638925-ymKTF.jpg
    it's not really a surprise if, when input costs increase, those cost increases are a bigger percentage of the cost at the cheaper places than the more expensive ones.
    I personally don't find Aldi cheap anymore. I used to be able to get more for less money than the traditional "big supermarkets" but now I find it's on par
    Author
    Price was 83p or maybe 89p will check later. On the shelf next to Heinz that is priced at £4.25.....
    Shrinking products and increasing the prices as if we won't notice!

We're not stupid. We've all noticed it especially as they're unashamedly so blatant about it.

And there's a noticeable change in taste and/or quality in lots of products.

When you're creatures of habit, you know they've altered ingredients or made kitchen roll thinner etc etc

And look at those profits since Covid. Brexit, Ukraine ROCKET to proportions that were unimaginable to them (edited)
    Very few products are consistent in Aldi, the company making Bramwells tomato sauce will change if it saves Aldi a penny or two. That's why the products sometimes taste even more rank than usual.
    aldi stuff tastes rank these days.
    This blows Heinz out the water. Will never go back to Heinz.
    The one on the right looks more tomato-ey though
    How many grams are in each bottle?
    Author
    Old 650g New 560g. Like everything else they the supermarkets assume we do not notice....
    Pretty sure the tomato content is lower now, I also seem to remember that it used to contain tomatoes but now tomato paste?
's avatar